cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is not even funny!!

N/A

This is not even funny!!

I have just received the following two messages from your company and I want to ask
WHY HAS MY ACCOUNT HAD LEVEL 4 MANAGEMENT PUT ONTO IT WHEN MY RESET DAY IS TODAY?
it is not my fault that you do not have an automated system to deal with the resetting of bandwidth at the start of every month by resetting it at midnight but then to make matters even funnier you reset my bandwidth 8 minutes after sending the level 4 management one.

Please remove the level 4 restrictions from my account as you can clearly see that I was into my new month when the restrictions came in.
Service Notice: SN25007100
Raised: 2006-01-22 16:51:31 by: Support
Bandwidth usage has been reset

Service Notice: SN25006202
Raised: [2006-01-22 16:43:30 by: Support
This customer(postmaster@wyerangers.plus.com, Cc: darren@wyerangers.co.uk) was mailed the following message:
Subject: 'Level 4 Premier Peak-Time Usage Management'

Your username: wyerangers

Dear Mr ****** K***,

Your peak time P2P, FTP and Usenet usage has exceeded the fourth level of the Broadband Premier usage policy. To find out more about the published usage limits please go to http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml

Level 4 management has been applied to your service during peak hours for P2P, FTP and Usenet. All other protocols are not affected by this change to your service.

Your Broadband service will continue to be managed until your next billing date at which time peak-time usage management will be removed.

Please reduce your usage and schedule large downloads outside the hours of 8am to midnight.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,
PlusNet Customer Support

http://portal.plus.net/support/

---
This email has been sent as it contains important information about your service from PlusNet. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address.
14 REPLIES
N/A

This is not even funny!!

Wow, thought I had it bad getting 2 management emails in 2 days putting me on lv2 somehow Sad
N/A

This is not even funny!!

Still waiting for a reply from CS.

Had a wait time of 8 hours and so far it has been 18!!!

All I want is an explination as to why this has happened and wether or not I am still being throttled.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

This is not even funny!!

Unfortunately (as explained in other threads on this forum) the process is done manually at the moment, so there is a delay.

We are working on automating this as a top priority which will make the change instantaneous.
shellsong
Grafter

This is not even funny!!

Unfortunately (as explained in other threads on this forum) the process is done manually at the moment, so there is a delay.

I thought it had also been said elsewhere that it should take less than 24 hours because the scripts were being run 4 times a day! :?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

This is not even funny!!

We are working on the processes however it can currently take up to 24 hours for the profile to be reset.
N/A

This is not even funny!!

Thanks for the reply But

am I being throttled or not?

this question has still not been answered.
N/A

This is not even funny!!

As Ben has stated and as have others elsewhere, your billing date was yesterday. As the process is manual it can take up to 24 hours for the script to reset your usage.

I know this is not ideal and Plus Net have stated many times that they are working towards the automation of this process and this should be completed during February. A quick scan of the forum will show the responses and thinking behind this.
N/A

This is not even funny!!

Thanks PCSNI

I understand all that has been said but Am I still being throttled, My usage was reset 8 minutes after the level 4 management was done.

all I want is an answer to my question. Am I being throttled now or has the level 4 management been removed?
N/A

This is not even funny!!

chances are its still active. it should e of by around 24hrs after ur usage has been reset
Ben_Brown
Grafter

This is not even funny!!

Your usage on VMBU may have been reset, however your profile won't have been reset yet, unless you have recieved an email telling you that you are now on a clean profile again.
N/A

This is not even funny!!

Hi Ben,

Received my reset message/Email at 2006-01-22 16:51:31.

this message arrived 8 minutes after my level 4 management email.

So I know I have been reset but would like to know is the L4 manegment has been removed.
N/A

This is not even funny!!

Have just received this reply from CS

Actioned : Dear Mr *****,
The removal of the traffic management is usually done within 24 hours from your billing date and you should receive the notification later today.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

So now I await the email to confirm that I have had the L4 management restriction removed,

will post again when received
Community Veteran

This is not even funny!!

So now I await the email to confirm that I have had the L4 management restriction removed

:? Why do you need an email to tell you if it's been lifted? Just try some downloads and see if they come to you at a good rate or not!
N/A

This is not even funny!!

Your usage on VMBU may have been reset, however your profile won't have been reset yet, unless you have recieved an email telling you that you are now on a clean profile again.

Which means people are eating in to their "clean to" (and SUP allowances) with their lower speed connections, until their profile is fully reset doesn't it?

So someone could use a couple of GB of "clean to" which is meant to be "line speed" before you've even managed to reset it, meaning they don't actually get their full "clean to" allowance at all.