cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is appaulling

N/A

This is appaulling

Support i know it is not your fault, as you constantly tell us here, however it is highly unacceptable that you should charge us for a service that is quite obviously not working.

I cant even collect my email from hotmail via the webpage as the webpage will not load, i would like you to find out whether or not we are going to receive any compensation for this fiasco, bear in mind i remember the last fiasco as well and i will cancel my accounts with yourselves. There isnt a court in the uk or even the eec that will award you balance of contract either, after they have read your forum pages. In fact they would probably award us compensation.

THIS IS WHOLLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! and i await your replies....

PS dont insult my intelligence and give the standard answer of "fat pipes been installed" which is obviously printed in black and white on page 7 of your how to deal with complaints manual, section 3 under the heading of "What if a customer complains about quality of Service via adsl"

I invite other members of plus net to submit their feelings in this thread as well
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: This is appaulling

Lo Ged,

Yep, similar feelings here, I know they can't escalate the pipe, but even so, we are paying for a service, that quite frankly, we cannot use.

However web browsing is a little better tonight, but gaming is a complete loss.

Perhaps a stupid question, but can't you allocate bandwidth from another source? Are you shaping the current pipe?

Could you not reduce the MD's umpteen m/b feed into his private office and pass some back to us? :>

Regards
Chris

> Support i know it is not your fault, as you constantly tell us here, however it is highly unacceptable that you should charge us for a service that is quite obviously not working.
>
> I cant even collect my email from hotmail via the webpage as the webpage will not load, i would like you to find out whether or not we are going to receive any compensation for this fiasco, bear in mind i remember the last fiasco as well and i will cancel my accounts with yourselves. There isnt a court in the uk or even the eec that will award you balance of contract either, after they have read your forum pages. In fact they would probably award us compensation.
>
> THIS IS WHOLLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! and i await your replies....
>
> PS dont insult my intelligence and give the standard answer of "fat pipes been installed" which is obviously printed in black and white on page 7 of your how to deal with complaints manual, section 3 under the heading of "What if a customer complains about quality of Service via adsl"
>
> I invite other members of plus net to submit their feelings in this thread as well

N/A

RE: This is appaulling

Hmmm not hugely impressed either Sad

I have enjoyed my time with Plusnet and have always had good things to say about your web based and telephone support recently and have recommended Plusnet on many ocassions, but I am not getting any joy finding out whats going on at the moment, and thats kinda frustrating.

Please sort it ooot!


On a side note Wink
"****, one of the leading providers of Broadband Access services in the UK, have today announced their participation in the new BT Service Provider Migration Trial.

Migration is now possible from your existing Service Provider without the need for the service to be ceased and re-provided, with the resulting fresh Connection Fee.

The Trial has been launched in order to test the process and is expected to last for 4-8 weeks, with a launch to follow immediately after the successful pilot.

The migration process is free during the trial period but once launched a small administration fee will be charged. Normal monthly service charges still apply."


N/A

RE: This is appaulling

Oh hold on, friday you say?
Excellent.
Just out of interest, why did I have to pay Quids46.99 this month Sad
N/A

RE: This is appaulling

Hi There!

I checked your account and every looks fine! If you have a billing issue you need to take this up via contact us or on the 0845 1400200 Customer Support number.


Regards,

Chris

--
| Chris.Taylor.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...............Advisorfor Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...................http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: This is appaulling

> Support i know it is not your fault, as you constantly tell us here, however it is highly unacceptable that you should charge us for a service that is quite obviously not working.
>
> I cant even collect my email from hotmail via the webpage as the webpage will not load, i would like you to find out whether or not we are going to receive any compensation for this fiasco, bear in mind i remember the last fiasco as well and i will cancel my accounts with yourselves. There isnt a court in the uk or even the eec that will award you balance of contract either, after they have read your forum pages. In fact they would probably award us compensation.
>
> THIS IS WHOLLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! and i await your replies....
>
> PS dont insult my intelligence and give the standard answer of "fat pipes been installed" which is obviously printed in black and white on page 7 of your how to deal with complaints manual, section 3 under the heading of "What if a customer complains about quality of Service via adsl"
>
> I invite other members of plus net to submit their feelings in this thread as well



The one thing we all forget (including me), is that the support staff are probably 'controlled' in what they can or can not say in these forums.

I very much doubt the Directors/Management of plus.net would allow the support staff to admit the truth.
Of course, the powers that be could always post here but they are clearly not interested.

Darran.



N/A

RE: This is appaulling

I pay for 0808 access, but that does work so I have to access via 0845, hence paying for my internet access twice.

I have bought two new modems to try and rectify the problems, but Plus Net do not want to know, continually ignoring my support tickets.

Further to that my e-mail does not work either, at all. Though it is set up right and from "My Plusnet" page the e-mail address still appears to be active.

But your right, I don't expect anyone else, especially senior, is particularly interested in us, but I will be contacting Watchdog if I don't receive an acceptable response by 4pm tomorrow.
N/A

RE: This is appaulling

> Just out of interest, why did I have to pay Quids46.99 this month Sad

Good Afternoon,

I checked your account for you. You didn't pay that much, the billing script took the correct payment, its just that the email that was sent to you informing you didn't have the updated price on it.

Apologies for that and I will ensure that this doesn't happen next month.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------

N/A

RE: This is appaulling

Good Afternoon,

We have looked into alternatives for the bandwidth feed, the problem is that this isn't feasible because of the way the DSL traffic is delivered to ourselves.

The ADSL traffic from our customers first goes to the BT radius, this determines what home gateway to be routed to (based on the realm of your username, the @plus.net). From the home gateway the traffic comes along the DSL fat pipe to our network, we authenticate you here and you can then get access to the internet.

The ADSL service is sold as a contended service, with no service level guarantee. The problem has been caused by BT not implementing contention on the exchanges, thus delivering the traffic to us uncontended. The pipe and DSL router that we have is still within design for the number of concurrent contentions it supports had the traffic been delivered to us contended.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

RE: This is appaulling

There you go again, ignoring my post. Hello, it is right above your reply, so how the hell can you simply ignore me?

I want a reply to my tickets today or Watchdog will be informed of this atrocious service and I will not only demand 3 months line rental back, but refunds for the two new modems I have brought to try and connect to 0808.


> Good Afternoon,


> We have looked into alternatives for the bandwidth feed, the problem is that this isn't feasible because of the way the DSL traffic is delivered to ourselves.
>
> The ADSL traffic from our customers first goes to the BT radius, this determines what home gateway to be routed to (based on the realm of your username, the @plus.net). From the home gateway the traffic comes along the DSL fat pipe to our network, we authenticate you here and you can then get access to the internet.
>
> The ADSL service is sold as a contended service, with no service level guarantee. The problem has been caused by BT not implementing contention on the exchanges, thus delivering the traffic to us uncontended. The pipe and DSL router that we have is still within design for the number of concurrent contentions it supports had the traffic been delivered to us contended.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Duncan
> --
> | Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support    for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------