cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Forum

N/A

This Forum

Just a quick sugestion.

Would it be a good idea to have replies to threads in reverse order, eg newer postings at the top of the thread so that we don't have to scroll through the whole of the thread just to read the newest replies at the bottom ?

any thaughts ?

Bill
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: This Forum

>
>
> Just a quick sugestion.
>
> Would it be a good idea to have replies to threads in reverse order, eg newer postings at the top of the thread so that we don't have to scroll through the whole of the thread just to read the newest replies at the bottom ?
>
> any thaughts ?
>
> Bill

Well that topic has come up a couple of times recently. Maybe the reason it keeps coming up is because of its subject :p

N/A

Even simpler would be for the thread to open in the window at the bottom not the top. Putting the thread in reverse order would make it difficult when reading a thread for the first time.

Also, as suggested elsewhere, listing the threads themselves by last post date rather than creation date makes seing updates much easier.
N/A

Hi there,

Thank you for your comments regarding our forums. We always welcome feedback from our customers and it is also review by our management team. I will pass your comments onto our Portal Development Team, so that can consider your ideas for the next version of the portal.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Thank you for your comments regarding our forums. We always welcome feedback from our customers and it is also review by our management team. I will pass your comments onto our Portal Development Team, so that can consider your ideas for the next version of the portal.
>
How often exactly do your "Portal Development Team" meet? Just that I've been asking for this simple mod (ie sort by last modified time, not creation time) for ages, and it would make the forum so much easier, in line with virtuall every other system on the web.

It's not difficult, and it's not a hard change. How many committee meetings do you need to implement one simple thing?

Now I know why your CGI server setup is so rubbish.