cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This BT take over..........

paulkingy
Dabbler

I have been disappointed with plusnets service etc and was thinking of switching over to this BT Hub thingy

What will happen now will plusnet be run separately or will BT change name etc

I want to swith over to BT but dont want to pay the penalties for leaving plusnet
7 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi there,

The only remaining cost outside of your 30 day notice period is the £47 deferred activation charge.

Whether or not BT will allow us to start to offer the home hub solution is another question that we will find the answer out shortly, no doubt. The fact of the matter also remains that the takeover has not completed yet, and a number of things can still happen.
paulkingy
Dabbler

Thanks
N/A

james bailey wrote
The fact of the matter also remains that the takeover has not completed yet, and a number of things can still happen.

BT must be optimistic............ my mate just had a courtesy call asking if they could offer them a better package for being a loyal customer when answered no they then asked who her broadband provider was when she replied plusnet they thanked her and ended the call

says it all
James
Grafter

Doesn't really say anything in all honesty!

Sure, the likelihood is that the takeover will occur, but our customers would still be in a position to migrate to BTr if they chose to do so. Rather odd phonecall!
csogilvie
Grafter

If it's telly-marketing, the "Who are you with currently" question could be designed so that htey can see which ISPs the majority of the people are refusing them come from to see what they need to do to entice people over.

IIRC, Bulldog tried the same with another PlusNet customer at one point.
James
Grafter

I seem to recall that customer being a member of the usergroup and told said customer that they could offer said customer 16mbps speeds despite not having any equipment in that exchange.
N/A

I get plenty of phonecalls, with the telemarketers pretending to be from BT. They all want to know what broadband supplier I use and offer various alternatives. Carphone warehouse is the absolute worst at it. Funnily enough, none of them seem to know who actually rents the phoneline in this house.

The strangest one was when I told one of them that I don't give out personal information on the phone and he tried to start an argument about whether or not my choice of BB supplier is personal information.