cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of leaving? - I am!

N/A

Anyone else thinking of leaving PlusNet, I know I am, 15 months of hassle free surfing and then when I need to get in touch due to the confusion about capping, fees etc I get a load of hassle or just plain ignorance.

Firstly I'm told I'm lucky to be a PlusNet customer, even though all my mates are getting speed bumped to 1mb/2mb already and I'm told 'you're on the list', other mates get a discount for the monthly fees, I'm told 'you stay as you are, on your old contract, though we've changed it how we please, if YOU want to change it that'll be £15 please', oh and we can't change that 'cos our systems won't let us - you in the dark ages PlusNet - I thought you were with it? plus other mates get upgraded routers (she was with BT) and I get - well - nothing!

And then, at the end of the ticket discussion I'm told if I want to leave its my perogative - and the tickets closed! Some Customer Service that. Well you may be a pretty big ISP, and you may not care about 1 little customer - but remember - there's been many a big company brough down by their customers walking out, 1 at first, then a few more, then a few more, and if you treat all your customers like this - I reckon there'll be a few more considering 'their perogative', in fact - in this forum I can see quite a few!!!
68 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Im going to stick around until next Thurday at least - Im morbidly curious like that.

After that time, then yes - Ill be giving it some serious thought too - in fact to be honest the only reason I am still here is so that I can get to see first hand what happens..

Its like watching a car crash in slow motion.

I think Ill be off withn a couple of weeks (much to the mods and PN releif I'm sure :lol: Wink )
Community Veteran

I think Ill be off withn a couple of weeks (much to the mods and PN releif I'm sure )

In case anyone thinks the mods are offering him assisted migration, we're not!
N/A

Before you leave, have you checked out the news about the removal of the cap and the change in contention ratio to 30:1 Huh
LiamM
Grafter

I think thats the reason for him wanting to leave actually...
channel
Grafter

I am also waiting until Thursday and then I will rethink. As someone unlikely to see better than a 512k connection, a 2Mb entry point on Premier isn't particularly attractive, especially when UK Online are about to unbundle at my exchange and offer 512k for £9.99 pcm.

I know UK Online have their problems, but there are clearly speed issues emerging at PN already and if PN are going to move towards being more like all the other mass market ISPs, then I may as well just look for the cheapest possible connection from a reasonable commercial provider. The reason I orginally joined PN rather than anyone else was the CGI server, and we all know how good that's been over the last 18 months.....

If I do go, then I'll miss these forums and the Keystone Cops antics of PN; they have provided more interest than anything on my Sky subscription over the last six months.
N/A

No point leaving until you know the TRUE facts about this service.
No doubt as with the FUP you'll be allowed to go over the limit a few times
b4 any penalties comes along so you have at least a few mths grace to find
another ISP if you're not happy.
N/A

My contract expires Wednesday. I so looking forward to it.

Plusnet used to be really good. A year and a half ago, they were the best around. Loads of free webspace, a very fast service, good customer service staff, and good prices. 18 months on, they've just totally lost it. The webspace is nice, but not really exciting compared to Zen's inclusive gigabyte of space, the 512k service is about 5% to 10% slower than it used to be, the customer service staff have either been replaced or are having such a bad time working that they've lost their aceness, and value, arg.

I pay £22 a month to Plusnet for their 512k service. I shouldn't be - the spacks interpreted me saying that I wanted my migration code because I wanted to leave Plusnet for a good ISP to mean that I really did want another two month's service from them (something they gently nudged me into by taking payment four days early, by the way). As of Wednesday, I'll be paying £26 a month to Nildram instead, for a 2Mb/50GB service.

Mmm - £4 extra for four times the speed. Anyone reading this that hasn't yet migrated should really consider doing so instead of clinging onto this bunch in the lame hope that it'll improve. It probably will, at some point. But do you really want to suffer their rubbish prices and speed for another three or four months while they get their act together?
Community Veteran

I dont think anybody wants to leave. I think their hands are being forced....

It is a shame - and I for one would have hoped that PN would have learnt a lesson from the initial announcement of FUP and the discovery of the bad boy pipe, that communication with customers is the key.

Unfortunatley it seems that they have now adopted the stance of - no posting on the forum at all.

They withold information.
They are at best are economical with the truth (at worst outright lie) about such issues as the linking of FUP and speed upgrades - now we have to pay for speeds above 2mb.
They are condescending in responses.
They refuse to even acknowldge that some issues exist (please dont make it 15 times I have to ask about the 512k/1mb vs. 2mb contention).

They simply regard us as a problem that gets in the way of making profit - no doubt a culture derived from the gred of its directors.

And yes Mr Lee Strafford and others if you are reading this, I believe you have encouraged a culture of greed and contempt towards the very customers that put you where you are.

From many posts on here it seems like many believe that Customer Service havent got a clue when you call them, contact us support tickets are taking weeks to be resolved, some arent ever resolved. The only things that seem to run smoothly are the collections of the £14.99 fees and all other invoices. Even mistakes happen on invoicing, but is it ever in the customers favour?

Carrying on like this will simpy leave you and another select few with a nice bank balance, and all those people you can see from your office out on the dole. They must be feeling as upset as we are....

It appears that PN haven't got the decency to appear on here and make a statement, you havent got the decency to allow your own staff to discuss the changes with us - and I believe that is because you are allowing these things to be made up as you go along.

Now Mr Strafford, I would strongly sugest that if you are reading this, you attend to it straigh away - we are only a smll percentage of your entire customer base, and it appears that 99% of customers on these boards are united in their belief that this is just wrong.

We even have loyal supporters of PN questioning their actions in not providing detail - surely this cannot be allowed to continue...?
LiamM
Grafter

Lets try and steer clear of personal comments. That last one about Lee was possibly a bit too harsh. After all, he isn't the only member of the Board.

It would be nice to see an official comment from the man himself, however.
Community Veteran

Sorry - got carried away - corrected....
N/A

I am considering a move. I came to PN in the first place because of the huge amounts of webspace with the included CGI and mySQL. That was just what I wanted for my little forum.

However since the loss of data caused by 'rogue scripts' and the now famous crash of last week, I have moved to another host where, for $5 (around£2.77) per month I get more features and better service. I also have my own domain which includes unlimited email addresses.

This leaves me needing nothing more from my ISP than an internet connection. If I can get this elsewhere, at a saving of £2.77 or more, what does PN have that can possibly keep me here?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

As of Wednesday, I'll be paying £26 a month to Nildram instead, for a 2Mb/50GB service.

We now offer up to 2MB with no fair usage policy for the £21.99 you currently pay.
N/A

We now offer up to 2MB with no fair usage policy for the £21.99 you currently pay.

You guys are special. You really are Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

As of Wednesday, I'll be paying £26 a month to Nildram instead, for a 2Mb/50GB service.

At least he'll know where he stands. With you guys, it wouldn't surprise me if your plans changed again completely by next week and you shoved us all back on 512k or something because it would "benefit 99% of the customers".