cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin Ice

rslsys
Grafter

Thin Ice

One of my clients applied for an upgrade to ADSL from dial-up. Having paid the activation fee on his credit card and filled in his Direct Debit info he settled down to wait.
He was given an activation date which came and went with no sign of ADSL. He raised a ticket to be told that BT had declined to provide service on grounds of cost. (He lives in the middle of nowhere, not a distance issue, just too few wires and everything has DACS on it.)
A week later Plus were asked why they had not refunded the activation fee with the same speed that they had taken it. A credit appeared on his PlusNet account but not on his Credit Card statement.
We are then made aware that OpenReach are now willing to look at DACS issues. My client makes another application on his other telephone number, this time PlusNet take the Activation fee by Direct Debit (remember, he set this up on the original application), ignoring the Credit Note on his account. All questions about an activation date are met with "Waiting for BT" (6 weeks now).

Today he receives an e-mail from Neil Armstrong promoting PlusNet's ADSL service and suggesting he applies for an upgrade. As Plus are sitting on 2 activation fees and cannot wrest an installation date from BT, the client is bemused to say the least!
6 REPLIES
passer
Grafter

Thin Ice

Bump. Just curious, as this looks like it merits a response. Can't one of the Comms staff contact the OP and get some details of the client in question, and check the state? Or perhaps the OP might provide a ticket number to reference, as the post doesn't contain any detail to grab at.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Thin Ice

Or if you drop an email to comms@commsteam.plus.com, then one of the comms team can pick it up and check it out for you. It's always possible that a post here can get missed by them.

Phil
rslsys
Grafter

Thin Ice

My client (makes me sound like a lawyer!) has raised several tickets regarding the situation. I was just airing his plight and attempting to point out the wasted effort (and resource) in e-mailing someone extolling the virtues of an upgrade, when they had already spent several weeks (and two sets of activation fees) waiting for the self-same upgrade to be actioned.
Original posting was more in sorrow than in anger.
rslsys
Grafter

Thin Ice

Or perhaps the OP might provide a ticket number to reference, as the post doesn't contain any detail to grab at.

It is my client (lawyer mode) not me that is in the situation. The DPA applies to me too, so I was careful not to include any identifiable details.
James
Grafter

Thin Ice

I'm no lawyer, but I don't see how a ticket number would be seen as violating the DPA?
rslsys
Grafter

Thin Ice

James

I have PMd you the relevant info.

Cheers