cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They want rid of all high users NOW!!!!!!

ukbrown
Grafter

F9 now quoting legalese of T&C's, not too sure who this Plusnet lot are, I signed up with F9.

Quote from technical support.

"We have lowered your speed to the agreed contention the service is provided, as the service is an upt to 2mb product with the minimum of a 512 line, the minimum condended speed is 512kbit / 30 = 17.06kbit / 8 (to get kbytes) = 2.13kbytes/s

Acceptable use policy

================

You agree that a breach of any of the provisions in this clause, and indeed any clause within the Acceptable Use Policy, will comprise a material breach of contract, which may lead to suspension of the Service or ending the Agreement, in accordance with clause 20. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless PlusNet against any expense, loss or damages that we might suffer by reason of any breach by you of this clause.

14.2 If we think that your use of the Service may:

14.2.1 impair the security of the system and/or the network used to provide the Service; or

14.2.2 cause detrimental performance of the Service to you or any other Customer;

we may suspend your access to the Service or parts of the Service in accordance with clause 20. If possible, we will give you prior notice if we do suspend your service pursuant to this clause.

Regards,
[Moderator's name ukfmonline: CSA Removed]

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.force9.net/index_nlp.html"
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hello,

I gather from the post above that you have gone over the 30g/100g limit?

If you have not, whats your question?

F9 are part of Plusnet PLC, which own plusnet, f9, free online.
ukbrown
Grafter

Quite right I have, and you have not followed though with your committemnt to mail me and warn me "several times" before adjusting the speed at which my account operates.

Why not
N/A

Quite right I have, and you have not followed though with your committemnt to mail me and warn me "several times" before adjusting the speed at which my account operates.

Why not

Hi, I dont work for f9, i am just a Moderator on the boards.

How many times over the last 6 months, how many times have you gone over 30gb/100g
ukbrown
Grafter

Every single month on the basis that when I purchased broadband from F9 it was uncapped. I read with interest the Fair Usage Policy, it sounded quite good, They mailed me. They mailed me when it was canned or some big announcement. They also proudly announced that there were people who downloaded a lot. Thye quoted a figure of 500Gb in a month, I have never been anywhere near this, I am OK (or so i thought)

They then under the cover of darkness without any warning, consultation, mailing, briefing (you get the picture) introduced SUP. I am not alone, other people have expressed the same opinion.

If I am told about somehting when it is introduced I either put up or shut up (stay or leave). I think that 100GB a month is quite reasonable and I can live with that.

What realy (&^**d me off and I mean, really really, was not hearing about it the first month I went over this limit, or the second, or the third AS YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO IN THE SUP AGREEMENT, but a nasty mail saying you are being capped, change providers etc etc.

And then when they say you have gone over peak usage and you cannot even find out this..... FUMING. WTF

Well you know what they say

There's no F in F9
N/A

dont download as much then Smiley

You know force9 aint for people who are heavy users anyway - they had the FUP which was talked and talked about, and they are not just going to let you keep downloading as much as you want just because they scrapped the policy.

I do not know about the SUP either, and i have not been told to read it, i have not had it emailed, and i do not know about it, so i can understand why it is so annoying.

the FUP policy clearly stateed that it is out to get heavy users, so if you are going to continue to be a heavy user then........ duh ?
N/A

dont download as much then Smiley

You know force9 aint for people who are heavy users anyway - they had the FUP which was talked and talked about, and they are not just going to let you keep downloading as much as you want just because they scrapped the policy.

I do not know about the SUP either, and i have not been told to read it, i have not had it emailed, and i do not know about it, so i can understand why it is so annoying.

the FUP policy clearly stateed that it is out to get heavy users, so if you are going to continue to be a heavy user then........ duh ?

The issue is that the ability to download without fear of going over any 'allowance' is what attracted the majority of the Premier users in the first place.

I may have exceeded 100gb/month on one occasion (and only one occasion during the 5 years I've been with F9), and to my knowledge I have never exceeded 30gb at peak. But - the facility to do so if required is what I am paying for, and has been one of the attractions of F9 from the start. Now perhaps they want all the bandwidth for their PlusTalk service or something, I dunno. But I do know that people such as myself are clearly no longer welcome, and that's fine. However, I shall shout from the rooftops my feelings about what F9 have become - it may or may not put anyone off, but it will make me feel better.
N/A

from what was written on the following thread by a member of F9 needs to be actually clarified

Download Limits

As we're being told from one side of F9 it affects all, yet the above post contradicts itself, which makes it look like that only Premier Account Holders are being penalised for a using a service they are paying for.

regards
mike