Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They've hidden "raise a ticket"

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well I went to raise a ticket this morning and they have removed the option to do so. I had to go through the help assistant - closing the pop-up window and then "contact the support team" becomes visible.

Why do this PlusNet ? You know people need to raise tickets because you are not providing good service right now. make it harder and more people will vote with their feet...
53 REPLIES
N/A

I agree, its irritating that they removed the Raise a Ticket option - I even got told on the phone to techsupport earlier that I had raised a ticket myself this morning! Pretty hard when its so difficult to find (and therefore hadn't actually done so)

Not impressed really, especially as I currently have no home internet service. But thanks for spotting where R.A.T. is now located.
James
Grafter

Hi there,

We haven't removed it as such. Basically, you need to use the "Help Assistant" first, and if you are unable to find an answer to your question, you can then raise a ticket. You will also have the opportunity the rate the help assistant and let us know how helpful you found it to be.
Alecto
Grafter

Along the same lines, I hear that the NHS has no longer got people waiting around on trolleys instead of being admitted to hospital.
They've got rid of all the trolleys. :lol:
N/A

James,

Would it not be possible to alter the Help assistant to function like a ticket I know of. Basically a punter puts in their problem and the ticket system cross references it with its knowledgebase. The punter will then have the option to forget about raising the ticket ( if an answer is already available ) or proceed thus saving the customer from having to look ( and making the process EASIER ( unlike some systems I know of DVLA!!! )).

Sorry a personal matter was interupting there :: Koff :: , anyway as I say there is a ticket system capable of doing this with absolute ease ( and im sure you know of it too ). Basically it would do what you wanted but also save on the customer frustration at the sheer complexity of things.

Regards,
Alecto
Grafter

But Tom you miss the point.
The harder it is to raise tickets, the less tickets they will get.
N/A

Indeed Geoff,

But that leads to the fact that the harder it is to get something fixed the less people want to stay.

Take the DVLA today in my case. I could have done something and paid for it in under 12 hours flat. They wouldnt take that as a viable method and wanted to string it out over 8 weeks. So I literatelly told em to shove it and that I was no longer interested.

Such is the fast approaching attitude of the nation. Now imagine an ISP as the DVLA and a customer. Only there is more than 1 company. Who would want to go the hard way when another is offering a pone service thats answered in 5 minutes flat ( not 90 minutes in peak or 45 normal ) and tickets are actually replied to in a couple of hours.

Sorry im not attacking anything or anyone ( apart from the DVLA ) but this is how I currently see things.
N/A

We are not trying to hide the functionality at all what we are trying to do is two fold, we are trying to get people to use the online support systems as that is a quickest way to get support and also the model on which the business is built. However we do understand that the pages are not ideal at the moment and the best way to get the feedback to make them better is via the rate the page system. Then if the support pages do not answer your question and you have let us know the functionality to raise the ticket as before is still there.

Also we have not taken the usual help assistant route out for raising tickets so there are still plenty of ways to contact us. It is just a case of trying to imrpove things over all.
N/A

Hi Stew,

I know that the process or the method for creating tickets hasnt been removed and by no means was I implying this to be so.
The content as in the possible answers and questions is what I would call learning content. This basically grows and improves as time goes on and as questions are reapeated resulting in the same answers etc.

However the point I was trying to make was that I agreed with the fact that the process by which to create a ticket was perhaps a little too ackward, especially when it comes to new members and first timers on the net.

The knowledgebase works, but couldnt it be altered so that when you click to submit a ticket it searches its own knowledgebase and presents you with a list of possiblilities before allowing you to submit the ticket?

You then have a link for the knowledgebase which is easily accessible by everyone and also a link to create a ticket ( which before it is logged into workplace also searches the knowledgebase for possible solutions to the query ).

Sorry if there was any misunderstanding in my posts above.

Regards,
N/A

A very good idea and for the next stage of this work something I will have a look at to see what we can do. It is a process really whereby we want to make online suport as good and as easy as possible so a customer does not feel they need to raise a ticket as everything is answered in the support pages. Yes this is someway down the line but I feel that if we do not start to build towards it we will never get there.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I'm not sure what has gone wrong but using the help assistant I have been totally unable to get to raise a ticket.
For example I go to here http://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html
then select customer services and billing for example but I don't get a popup window just a series of options non of which includes raising a question.
Community Veteran

Many of the options take you to a pop-up help page and the original page you clicked on usually asks if the pop-up page was helpful and if not you click on a link to enter a question.

Can't say I like the new system as it is not easy to use and it not intuative enough, especially for new users. If pop-ups are blocked then you appear to get to a point in the system and can't go any further with no obvious place to actually raise a ticket.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Just tried opening a ticket myself as my router lost sync at approx 5am today - went to the wizard, clicked the HA, went through hoops to open a ticket and got tired of ending up at the same "run (n) tests between (x) and (y)". I JUST WANT TO OPEN A TICKET DAMMIT!

What PN have done to the ticket system is beyond a joke. Those of us that actually know what we are doing, DO NOT need our hands held - we're not in pre-school anymore, we know the problem is at PN's end, we don't want, need or expect to have to answer an automated wizard that only knows what it's been told..... give us our old ticket system back please!!!!!
Alecto
Grafter

Well mysteryfcm old lad, I can hear the cheering in Plusnet towers from here.
Object achieved. Tongue
N/A

You can go to the help assistant and raise a fault question clicking on Self Test Your Connection and Raise A Fault as have just managed it myself so not sure what has gone wrong for you. Yes you have to carry out certain tests to raise a connetion fault and even if you bypassed the help assistant paths and raised a questions then we would still need the same tests carried out as proscribed by BT so we would just have to come back to you and further delay things,

The only thing that has changed has been a shift of emphasis back to the protal where possible, as an advanced user some of this may seem like hand holding but remember we have to cater to everyone and secondly your feedback on where pages need changing is going to be vital.