cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

These random ADSL disconnects that many people are getting

N/A

Is anyone at PN/BT looking into this? Is it sorted? If so, then I'll have to raise a ticket for my own problems. If not, then let me know and I'll continue waiting, although I would like an ETA for when my ADSL connection will be stable again.
30 REPLIES
N/A

Hi again egyptus,

As pointed out in a previous thread, the disconnects you are experiencing are not caused by Plus Net.

If you have carried out the checks and tests referred to in a previous thread, then you will have to raise a ticket so that this can be raised to BT for investigation.

There is nothing Plus Net can do in this case untill a ticket is raised.

Hope that helps.
N/A

Can you please quote which "previous thread" you are referring to.

Cheers
N/A

Cheers

x2
Also been getting disconnected every 15-20 mins :x
N/A

havin same problem here, signed up for plusnet prem. connected for the first time friday no problems until saturday afternoon where it just disconnected. now it will connect for 10 seconds then disconnect again... very disappointing...any help
N/A

Hi there,

Frequent disconnects are generally caused by

Dodgy filters
Poor internal wiring
Some dect phones
Electrical interferance
Line incorrectly provisioned by BT
External BT line or other issue.

The ADSL Troubleshooting and ADSL Wiring and filters tutorials are a good place to start for fault diagnosis. Most of the checks contained in those tutorials must be carried out before a fault can be raised to BT.
N/A

wot a joke... i have used pipex for 2 years with the same equipment with no problems wot so ever. your service worked fine from friday till saturday afternoon... then just died. and yes i have been through the trouble shooters
N/A

Hi eagle77,

Not a joke, just the way it has to be diagnosed.

When you disconnect, does the modem / router lose synch?
N/A

Could all these disconnections be symptoms of an old, delapidated copper system which is now having trouble coping with the faster speeds - they (BT) are hardly likely to admit it and I'd imagine the routine tests may not exhibit real life use.
N/A

yes modem or router connects with solid green light then after 10 seconds or so disconnects with a flashing green light
N/A

Hi,

Understood.

This is not a problem caused by Plus Net. When dosconnects occur, whereby synch is lost with the telephone exchange, then the cause is down to local issues or BT fault.

If you have eliminated all possible causes at your end, then raise a ticket. Plus net will have to raise this to BT for investigation.

Hope that helps and I hope you get sorted soon.

Welcome to the forums by the way. Smiley
N/A

Cheers

Er pcsni if you can answer one question, then please answer the one directed at YOU.

i.e. Which previous thread were you referring to?

I don't see the point in regurgitating the same stuff again and again, if this subject has been covered thoroughly else where please provide a link so we can save you all some time.

Cheers
N/A

sorry ibc01,

Missed your post earlier.

I was referring to a previous thread from a couple of days ago where the Op raised his original query.

As for regurgitating, this subject comes up nearly every day, so it is no hardship repeating it.

edit for spelling
N/A

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Is it me or are there now a lot more people complaining of disconnection? The tutorials above are a GREAT help.

My connection seems fine but someone I referred to Plusnet a while back has always had problems losing access, I say access because having read the tutorials I realise that there is a difference between sync and disconnection.

They have complained about this for ages and I blamed it on the cheap and tacky USB router they were using. So you can imagine we were both irritated when having put in an Ethernet router the problems became more frequent. I have been using this router for ages on Plusnet and it works fine, I only got a new one to do some clever VLANS and VOIP stuff.

So I paid them a visit (before I RTFTed) and isolated that there does NOT seem to be a Synch problem, the router maintains "showtime" but the PPP session seems to have been dropped.

I will try the test logins and wiring the router directly via an RJ11 cable (no phones use that line). Considering the history it seems as if BT is at fault but I will test all things first.

Thanks for your help.
N/A

I’m also suffering regular dissconnects + very slow speeds prior to the drop-outs.

Currently have a stand off with technical who insist I run 3 more BT speedtests while I'm asleep, before they will investigate. ( BT speed results were 193, 86 & the best 936)

Not being technical, I don't understand syncronisation etc. (or whatever was said) I have small usage of only 1-2 GB per month (& that includes the whole family with messenger etc on a wireless system. Everything worked perfectly until the BT wholesale pages appeared but this was fixed by designating specific DNS servers (gosh - that was technical!)

I do believe there is an issue from the rash of reports of drop-outs & connection problems - probably too many users sharing too few resources to cut costs?