cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's still time to opt out of MaxDSL.

jagger
Grafter

As BT have now said "oops,it doesn't work", and suspended bulk upgrades to MaxDSL, it may take a bit longer to get your connection totally crippled by them.

If you quite fancy not having that happen to you then you can "opt out" of being downgraded to this pathetic technology until they figure out a way of actually making it work as claimed.

Go here http://trials.plus.net/ and try out the Skynet automated "don't want it yet" button.
16 REPLIES
N/A

i wish i had opted out Cry
sisgroup
Grafter

i wish i had opted out Cry

Are you on the new 8Mb service then Wink
N/A

yeah with a drop from 1.1 to 500k and looks like its staying
Alecto
Grafter

Without wishing to bring out the sun on your rainy parade, some people have had no problem and are very happy with it. Me, for instance.
How many have had problems compared with satisfied customers I've no idea, but it is important to preserve a balance here.
Opting for MaxDSL is not at all guaranteed to knacker your line.
N/A

Its not guaranteed not to either :roll:
Alecto
Grafter

I never said it was. And in your case I know it has.

But if the chances of it doing that are very small, it may be a worthwhile thing to do, depending on how risk averse you are. :roll:
N/A

fsdg

it certainly buggerd up my line, but only in peak time hmm i smell plusnet turning into TISCALI!! OVERCROWDED NETWORK AHHHRRRGGG!
jagger
Grafter

Dear oh dear, oh dear.

"I'm alright Jack" speaks, so it must be so.

Guaranteed ? - No,Good possibilty ? - only if you believe BT have suspended upgrades because of the magnitude of customer complaints and busted connections.

And, your half-full glass is actually half-empty.And someone has spat in it.Human nature I'm afraid.

And \as it is such a useful link i'll repeat it.Opt out here if you lack confidence in the "new technology" of BT.http://trials.plus.net/
sisgroup
Grafter

yeah with a drop from 1.1 to 500k and looks like its staying

Cry hope this doesnt happen to me when they do mine
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: fsdg

it certainly buggerd up my line, but only in peak time hmm i smell plusnet turning into TISCALI!! OVERCROWDED NETWORK AHHHRRRGGG!

It is more than probable that it's BT not Plusnet. At the moement we are seeing the people with MaxDSL reporting problems with overloaded exchanges. I suspect as that the number of users across all ISPs with MaxDSL increases we may see people still on the old 512, 1M or more particularly 2M affected. BT just haven't got enough capacity.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jagger
Grafter

Interesting Jelv :shock:

Did BT sell Plusnet a technology that couldn't work then? Are they really unable to deliver this product successfully?

Any information gratefully accepted. :twisted:
N/A

I hope it doesnt happen to anyone ......... but my 1.1 back would be nice or even LLU anything has to be better than this
N/A

Is it too late to change my mind? :?

I did ask to queue jump, and it has not happened yet, but as we have a quite a long line (currently capable of 1mb), I am wondering if I should try and request not to be 'upgraded'.
JonathanW
Grafter

Is it too late to change my mind? :?

I did ask to queue jump, and it has not happened yet, but as we have a quite a long line (currently capable of 1mb), I am wondering if I should try and request not to be 'upgraded'.

Has your 'question' been closed off by the system yet? As if its still open you can close it yourself via the portal and that will remove your request to queue jump.