cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's a bug in the moving home section of the website.....

N/A

I encountered a problem some time ago when trying to move my ADSL connection to my new home using the online system. On entering the postcode, a dropdown menu appears giving me a choice of house numbers or 'other'. My house is a new-build and the house number is not displayed. Fine, so I click 'other' and the problems begin - no dialogue box comes up to enter the house number. I checked the tutorial section and there should be one so tehres' obviously a bug. Its then impossible to submit the form and thus I've never been able to switch my broadband. I even tried entering the number in the Street box, but this doesn't work either. The end result, I'm payng for broadband at my old house and not receiving any at my new one. I tried phoning though I was never able to speak to anyone, even on the premium rate number which still existed when all this started. I raised a query through the online system on 31st July (19951801) and then a complaint on 4th August (19981145) as I had had no response. Eventually the complaint was handled on the 5th Aug (by Miranda Norris) who failed unfortunately to actually read my original query. She merely told me that the premium numbers were down at the moment and I should change address online - how useless is thatHuh She then closed both tickets. I appended another (unhappy) message on the 7th August but have still not had a response. I've spoken to trading standards about the lack of phone support at the moment (especially as its still advertised as part of the service) and they have raised the complaint with the advertising standards people and directed me to Otelo - the point being there is a breach of contract. So, I'm expecting to have my broadband switched immediately and a rebate made for the time since I first tried to switch address (which is all logged) as there is a clear error in the system. Otherwise, I'm gone and I'm paying nothing.

I hope someone out there is reading this....

A
5 REPLIES
timps
Grafter

there's a bug in the moving home section

I think have been several bugs in that tool. It kept identifying my new address (flat 15 .... ) as a business address and stated i could not move a res product to a business address. Ironic as i retired 5 yrs ago.placing the order manually was fraught with problems.
timps
N/A

Thanks Timps. PN - please realise this tool is far from fool proof and your total lack of manual customer support is therefore unacceptable. I still don't have broadband at my home (though I'm paying for it somewhere else) and I haven't even started on the likely issues that I face when the transfer actually begin.....
JonathanW
Grafter

We are still offering telephone support, its just that unfortunately the support centre as a whole is extreamly busy at the moment. We're working on getting this back under control, but this isn't something that we can fix over night.

We're expecting to put out an update soon with regards to the status of the support centre and what we're doing to sort the situation out.

Though in the mean time, I've responded to the questions that you've got open, blackfive, and everything should be moving forwards for you now.
N/A

Thanks Jon, I appreciate your speedy intervention and look forward to a return to broadband.

However, I would be grateful if you would confirm that I will not be charged for the broadband service between the 6th August (which would have been the date of transfer had the online system worked) and 17th August, when you have now scheduled the transfer. Given my numerous attempts to contact you and the failure of one of the support staff to sort my online query (for which I accept your apology), a rebate would seem only fair.

Finally, for the benfit of others, will you be fixing the home move website so this problem doesn't happen again?

Thanks again, A
JonathanW
Grafter

We'll sort out the financial side of things once the connection is back up and running, so that we know exact dates and everything.

As for the house move tool, this looks to have been due to the fact that it was a new build and out postcode database hadn't been updated to include your property. I'll pass the feedback through to ensure that it doesn't happen again for other people.