cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There must be a fault with the 'Broadband Fault Checker'.

N/A

I'm on up to 8mb but normally get a 3mb connection. It would be nice to get it up to 6mb but I can live with it. For the last two days however i've been getting 125kbs which obviously points towards a problem etc.

I raise a ticket (20039420) and go through all the questions and tasks including the speed tests with BT.

These tests report that I'm only downloading at around 125kbs and so as this is shown to be under the acceptable limits (400kbs or more – acceptable on 2Mb,4Mb and 8Mb products) I continue with the fault ticket.

I'm then informed that the Broadband Fault Checker will test my broadband connection and that I should check back later for the results.

Here are the results.

The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found

According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support

So according to customer support there is no fault with my broadband connection because my connection speed is currently: "none found"

This is a speed that I am not familiar with but if it translates to 125kbs then I have to inform you plusnet that BT do not find this to be within the limits of an acceptable performance for my broadband service.

Please have a look into why your Broadband Fault Checker is not working correctly.

Thank you.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Is ther anyone who can resopond to this please.
N/A

SNAP, ive got exactly the same problem except im getting about 240kbps from the speed checker and had exactly the same pathetic reply from plus net. Im still awaiting a fix, they have until i come back off hoildays and im chucking the towel, paying my activation fee and going to an ISP that has time to care about it. I used to get around 900kbps from the speed checker.

My internet speed is abismel. Tho i may have an issue with exchange distance.
N/A

Guys you also sound like your having packet loss troubles, please see my thread entitled "packet loss"
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'll have a word with the faults guys about this and see what's going wrong.
N/A

Thanks Dave.
N/A

Ditto.

After my MaxDSL upgrade I was surpised and pleased to see my router reporting downstream connections made at 8000k (albeit with a low noise margin of 6dB), and very impressive actually download performance. After the initial training period this levelled out at just over 6000k with a higher noise margin of around 12dB.

Two days ago my router started to disconnect every few minutes, downstream sync speeds varied from 160k - 512k, noise margin dropped to 6dB and my BB service has become unusable (I'm using dial-up in the meantime).

I raised a ticket (ID: 20034397) and got the same bizarre response from the automated fault checker - "The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found" - as yet I have had no response from PN.

Clearly there is a pattern emerging here and I am very keen to understand why the fault checker is failing and what can be done to investigate and resolve my issue.
N/A

Can I join the club? Same here
N/A

Me too!

Very hacked off, I have been having similar problems all week and PlusNet don't seem to give a damn.

They don't respond to online tickets, and trying to get through on the phone is a joke.

Think I'll move to a 'free' broadband supplier, probably still get crap service but at least I'll save £20-odd a month.