cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theory

N/A

Theory

After discussing my Broadband issues with a friend who has just signed up to 8mb BT broadband account, he has had NO issues at all with his BT account.

One line of thought is people who have just connected to broadband for the first time with +Net are they having the same speed issue as the up-graders are having.

Has anyone left +Net and moved to another provider, and in the move all the issues have disappeared?

I am thinking along the lines of Cease, then Re-provide with BT.

If I did this would the BT Engineer turn off my connection manually or would it be automatic via software

And when I asked for a re-provide again would that action be manual or via software to turn the connect back on?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Theory

I'm also interested in the answer for this. I thought it could be done from a computer but I not sure that it can now. Thinking about it BT have to direct the usage away from their system through to PN. So probably the minimum will be jumper changes in the exchange if not moving to different DSLAM's. This alone shouldn't improve the line conditions but my SNR and disconnects did improve when I moved from BT to Plusnet.
N/A

Theory

It would be good to know if new customers are having the same speed issues.

if new customers are not having problems, then the issues must be within the software which upgrades our settings in the exchange to enable MAXDSL

and when the BT Engineer sets up a new connection I would hope the speed issue is not apparent.

Since being upgraded on the 18th May, I have been sync rate at between 5.3 and 5.8 and have a stable rate of 5.5 the best I have been able to download is about 2.2 but over the last 2-3 weeks it’s been around 0.220 to 0.500 with a intermittent failure to surf at all.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Theory

I've had one new line activated with MaxDSL, and 4 lines upgraded so far, and not seen any of the speed issues on any of them.

Phil