cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst customer service ever!

N/A

The worst customer service ever!

Plusnet are the most unprofessional company i have ever dealt with. It took just under a month from activation to get my ADSL service running, bought a new splitter, spent hours on hold to tech support, pulled out most of my hair. Tech support assured me I would have my billing date moved when the technical issues were resolved. So now my ADSL is working I opened a new ticket asking for my billing date to be moved, guess what?
I have been told that because BT don`t have a service level agreement they can’t do anything.
I feel Plusnet has treated me very poorly, and at least 50% of the problem was how technical support dealt with the problems I had, and to be told its tuff luck is not on.
I have cancelled my account and am writing this to warn other people, just because you have an account does Not mean you will receive a service. They will always have BT as a scapegoat.
Regards
Ian Webb
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: The worst customer service ever!

I have been with PlusNet now for some 3 years+. Yes, they have had ups & downs, as with any ISP, but overall their service is better than many larger ISP's.

It does take a while for the calls to be answered sometimes, and on occasions, they are too quick to blame hardware.

At the end of the day, as with any supplier of any product, you pays your money, you takes your chance.

It took 6 weeks for our ADSL to get up an running, and I do believe that BT caused the majority of this delay.
Stef
Grafter

> They will always have BT as a scapegoat.
> Regards
> Ian Webb
>

So does everybody else (except BT!)
Often (not always) the problems ARE caused by BT.

My colleague in the next room has a dial up account with BT. She has email down load/server availibilty/authorization probs at least twice a week. This means that she often cant send/recieve emails for up to 15 business hours in the week!!!

(and I am NOT exagerating).

Sorry about your probs with ADSL - I wish you luck with whoever you go with next (seriously). PLUSnet are not the only people having probs with this new technolgy.

Also the going rate for 'faster' phone support is a minimum of 25p/minute or £11.75/month BEFORE any service charges for your internet connection.

Cheers, Stefan.
N/A

Good Afternoon,

I can understand your feelings on this matter but unfortunately there really is no SLA on ADSL, you have to remember that this still is a cutting edge technology.
BT are currently speccing a "Total care" cost option that will reduce the time taken for them to investigate a problem, however this will only be available on the 20:1 products.

The problem with the compensation offered by BT is that it is only available if the service never works at all, unfortunately it does not cover intermittent problems.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

So basically if my service was only working 1% of the time, Plusnet wont compensate me. My ISP is Plusnet not BT. if you read through my Ticket history you will see admission of error on Plusnets side while dealing with my problems, but still you take no responsibility.

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I can understand your feelings on this matter but unfortunately there really is no SLA on ADSL, you have to remember that this still is a cutting edge technology.
> BT are currently speccing a "Total care" cost option that will reduce the time taken for them to investigate a problem, however this will only be available on the 20:1 products.
>
> The problem with the compensation offered by BT is that it is only available if the service never works at all, unfortunately it does not cover intermittent problems.

> Kind Regards
>
> Duncan
> --
> | Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support    for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
>

N/A

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I can understand your feelings on this matter but unfortunately there really is no SLA on ADSL, you have to remember that this still is a cutting edge technology.

I will have to disagree, ADSL is NOT a cutting edge technology. Maybe to you, but not to the rest of the world.

I have not had a working ADSL connection for 3 months, and I was so unlucky that it worked at some time, meaning I have paid 130£ for something useless, and can't get a refund?!?

I have cancelled my account too.

Btw I have had an outstanding question to you on my support ticket since 11:30 this morning. Why no answer? My wife is still going around at home waiting for a service technician you booked, that has not showed up.
Please use your time first on supporting tickets, and then answer individuals in this forum when that has been done.

--
N/A

Thought I was unlucky and had probs.

Thats the problem if u connect successfully, you have used the service and bound by contracts and BTS system... must be very hard to get refunds in situations like that.

Guess I got lucky with Plusnet, since its nothing but excellent quality so far, top rate 24/7 support(as long as its posted on these forums) I personaly belive these forums should be the support its easier and u can see other problems + Even customers can help out.

Afterall Plusnet Support/staff cant be always right, no one can. Also another Plusnet member helped with my connection probs as wellSmiley

If the Plusnet support was more Open, like these forums it would be easier.
N/A

> > Good Afternoon,
> >
> > I can understand your feelings on this matter but unfortunately there really is no SLA on ADSL, you have to remember that this still is a cutting edge technology.
>
> I will have to disagree, ADSL is NOT a cutting edge technology. Maybe to you, but not to the rest of the world.
>
> I have not had a working ADSL connection for 3 months, and I was so unlucky that it worked at some time, meaning I have paid 130£ for something useless, and can't get a refund?!?
>
> I have cancelled my account too.
>
> Btw I have had an outstanding question to you on my support ticket since 11:30 this morning. Why no answer? My wife is still going around at home waiting for a service technician you booked, that has not showed up.
> Please use your time first on supporting tickets, and then answer individuals in this forum when that has been done.
>
>
Hi there,

We have received the update to your ticket and this will be addressed as soon as possible. Unfortunately it is not feasible for us to offer an agreed SLA on our ADSL services as we are relying on the ADSL infrastructure supplied by BT. However as Duncan has pointed out a new option called Totalcare is due to be launched soon which will provide guaranteed response times for any faults occurring.

Regards,
Rob

| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

I think PlusNet are briliant!!

I've been on around 15 ISP's before joining PlusNet & have stayed with PlusNet for now over 2 years! As they provide such a brilliant service.

Tech Support can be annoying but they get there in the end.

I totally understand that BT are at fault most of the time as when they were activating my line for ADSL they cut me off! & refused to send someone out to fix it when I was getting ADSL the following day. Anyway, after speaking to 9 people at BT the engineer they didn't have suddenly appeared & fixed the problem in less than 30 minutes.

Now if resident customers have this problem, then i'm betting PlusNet has it also.

Well all I can say is, PlusNet try very hard & the service & features they provide can't be mocked. Tech Support is a bit of a long affair, but they do try compared to some.

Keep up the good work everyone at PlusNet!!! :cheese:

Regards,

Daniel

--
GigaTron
Computer Supplies

http://www.gigatron.co.uk
N/A

> I think PlusNet are briliant!!
>
>Ditto

Stop whining and whine at BT tell you what try NTLworld they have a excellent customer dis-service record.

I for one think that Plusnet are great at least the try to get it right there are many out there who dont.

J
mike001
Grafter

>

Hi all
A frend of mine is whit BT ADSL...one week after getting it the adsl stoped working
Sooooo he phones BT thay sead thay would fix it that day ...Next day still no ADSL ....
My frend now phones Offtell .....offtell phones BT,
Bt phones my frend ,
Says sorry and fixes his ADSL and gets £200 and a letter wich he is now gonig to frame and put up on his wall..lol
any one no offtell number :-)