Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The telephone number not found in database

N/A

I'm trying to sign an account up and I get

"The telephone number not found in database"

error on the initial telephone number page.

I don't want to spend an hour on hold for technical support and I can't find a number for sales (is there one?).

If a member of PN staff reads this then PM me and i'll PM you my telephone number as you can call me and we can resolve the problem and get another customer onto PN.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you sure they are on a BT line and not NTL for example?
N/A

Yep, 100% normal BT line. A new number on an existing line, they have just moved into the house. The phone has been able to make and receive calls since last week.

Normally as soon as a line is working i've been able to sign people up.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I had the same experience when checking with the BT Retail order system 4 days after the line was changed into another name
Judging by the tickets PlusNet seem to have sorted it. The initial error was reported as "E030 - KO: Errors returned from BT " but I don't know if that was a telephone line problem or an existing ADSL connection that hadn't been removed
Community Veteran

Looks like BTW's database has not been updated yet then - there can sometimes be delays between BT retail and BTW when new lines are installed or moved. All you can do is wait and keep trying to register.
N/A

Yes, it's a problem which was reported on not that long ago on BBC R4's "Now Show", Marcus Brigstocke moaned about the delay with "7 working days for the order to be processed", and 7 working days being needed to "update the database and remove the marker" (blocking the option to order!)
N/A

i had similar problem

Ive recently experiance the dealy between systems as BTW said i had a open PTSN fault when infact it had been closed 3 days before hand by retail.

grrr..

BT bringing it all together my a55..