cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The right direction in the last couple of days...

N/A

Having banged on about how terrible PlusNet have been, and having been on the VERY BRINK of leaving, I requested my MAC code, but subsequently delayed it for the Christmas period, I thought it only fair to say that in the last couple of days I have seen an improvement in the following areas of the service:

* FTP speeds seem better (though still far short of what they used to be)

* IRC DCC speeds seem better (though still not what I'd like to see)

Hopefully this is not a temporary condition, but rather the first signs of PlusNet getting on top of things. It might on the other hand just be the result of some fluke.

But, either way, I thought I should put it on the record.

So, I think, thank you PlusNet.

...Don't let me down.
15 REPLIES
N/A

FTP seems worse again.
N/A

Since this is a sort-of positive thread I might as well add my own positive feedback. Whatever other faults there are with Plusnet's service, the solutions to the unreliability and slow speeds for PAYG customers have worked an absolute treat for me, and made browsing, email collection (using a non-plusnet address) and the occasional download consistently fast and reliable all day and night.

Knock on wood, etc. etc.
N/A

Over Christmas I discovered both my game performance (Company of Heros) and P2P performance was working fine. I already had a MAC code, and decided if it stays like this I would stick with PlusNet. I was considering writing a post saying all was well again, and I was pleased.

However yesterday I was having problems again, and with a MAC code sitting in my in-box off it went to Zen.

Over the last months I've got the impression (right or wrong), that things are being changed around in the background. It's almost as if 'fully working internet' is on a rotor system, this customer can have it for a few days, but then we have to give it to someone else. Just the way it appears to me from the outside.
N/A

I know what you mean boomer. God knows what they're actually tweaking to get it all to work.

Anyway while FTP has been like treacle all week, it was at least viable - i.e. didn't drop out. Now, a further point, when I say FTP I do not mean downloading GIGS AND GIGS of data - but instead, just browsing and uploading the odd bit of PHP.

Now, the access to my server has just died completely - I automatically assumed PN was to blame... and, guess what, FOR ONCE it turns out to be a problem with the people who look after my server.

So, basically, of the 100 times I find my server unreachable via PN, it's only 1-2 times that it ever turns out to be the servers fault.

Anyway, i'm still sort-of-positive about PN... in a very unimpressed way.

I think I'll leave eventually though - once I find somewhere decent - afterall would not want to go through hassle and expense of leaving only to find myself at another PN!!

Plus, better the devil you know?
N/A

I can agree for the last what 4 months speed has been poor,that is if i can stay connected long enough.Anyway i also have had enough,so yes also Zen here i come.
N/A

Hi Guys

Can you post some feedback here once you have been to Zen. I've had a 235kbps speed for I guess 6 months. Plusnet are trying to sort it out for me, and BT are coming again! But I've upped my service (paying more) with no improvement so will need to move if BT fail to find a fault. My two friends in the village are also with plusnet so we are going for mass migration :?
frusher
Dabbler

Folks

I also applied for a MAC and was ready to take the plunge (and loose some money to Plusnet through some deffered fees) and go to Zen during December.

However, I did this just as the Ellacoya problem sported itself out.

I feel the speeds I have seen since have been reasonable so I have stayed with Plusnet. The offer of 1 month free was also good as I want to ensure the speed issues are fixed

I must stay I am ready to jump ship at the next serious wobble.......
N/A

Yes no problem will let you know what Zen are like(applied to zen with my mac code).Out of interest in the last 72 hours speeds even worse and being disconnected 3-4 times an hour(yes tried new filters,modem,had bt out and replaced "in line"from pole,even tried new computer!)
N/A

[...snip](and loose some money to Plusnet through some deffered fees)[snip...]

AFAIK You still get deferred fee's after migrating away - you just need to make sure you have valid bank details registered with PN, and each time your referrals credit exceeds £5, they pay it to your bank account.

The only way you'd lose out on referrals is if all your referred customers left.
James
Grafter

James,

Reading what you have said, suggests to me that you are saying that someone would still have deferred charges after migrating out, which wouldn't be the case, as all deferred charges would need to be taken prior to a migration key being generated.
N/A

Yup, read one thing and posted something unrelated. Shockedops:

Was thinking about referrals rather than deferrals.

/my bad.
James
Grafter

Ah. Fair play. Confusion averted!
N/A

Only been at Zen 4 days guys-but they really do look after their grass it is VERY green!!
suec45
Grafter

Great to know, thanks for the info, will be changing soon.