cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The remote computer did not respond....

Daveodeth
Grafter

Recently i was disconnected for a few days and kept being given this message, i ran the BB line fault checker and the system came up with there being a problem which was fixed later on in the evening.

Now however i am getting the same problem although i am being reconnected almost within half an hour of each problem. whenever it happens my line will sync at almost half the speed it was at before aswell(the line was connected at 1.2mbps and i am now at 736Kbps).

This is starting to drive me round the bend because it's happening with alarming regularity now and i'm at a loss at what to do.
10 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi janets,

Best advise would be to raise another fault making it clear that the problem is intermittent in nature.

When you get the error message what is the 'line' or 'ADSL' light on your equipment doing?

I'm guessing it will be flashing or off which suggests the connection between your kit and the exchange has been interrupted.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Daveodeth
Grafter

nope the light stays on, i can tell when it happens at my end as all net traffic stops and the connection icon in the task bar reports no more incoming data.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hmmm, odd.

What kit are you using? Does it have line stats and if so what is the SNR reported as when the issue occurs? Also is there any evidence of CRC errors?

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Daveodeth
Grafter

I have a speedtouch 330, which unfortunately has almost no diagnostic tools.
Daveodeth
Grafter

raised a ticket and the connection checks are still in progress. for almost a day now
Daveodeth
Grafter

Force 9 tell me they have made some improvement to my line, but I now have a flashing light on my modem and no ADSL connection at all.
I am gradually losing the will to continue with this "service" provider.
Am I unique or am I being singled out for special levels of harassment ?
Daveodeth
Grafter

Anybody tell me how to get a MAC key from F9 as I am now TOTALLY dissatisfied with this service.
I am minded to take them to small claims to get my monthly subscriptions back. I an sure I have a sound case.
Trebor
Grafter

Nahhhhhh your not unique, why should you be any different.

I expect the request for a MAC key will be buried deep somewhere with in the member centre, there's plenty who've left who'll be able to tell you how to get it, I'll be reading with interest Wink
Daveodeth
Grafter

Well apparently the fault on the line was fixed by BT but now as of sunday mid day i can't connect, just get a flashing adsl light.
Daveodeth
Grafter

connection came back and has now died today about mid day.