Did you mean: 

The real Plusnet Userpoll v2.0

N/A

here it is
21 REPLIES
N/A

What exactly do you want to acheive with this poll?

If you break it down...

Providing a robust internet service

Of course its a priority. They couldnt be in business without providing a robust service

Dedication to customer support

Again, of course it s a priority. They clearly have problems in this area at present, but it remains a priority

Marketing

Another priority. Marketing goes hand in hand when in business. Without it, the business doesnt grow.

Contract Law

Not necessarily a priority for PlusNet as a business, but it probably is for the Lawyers they employ.

Preventing users from cancelling

Definately not a priority and they dont do it.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Most definately a priority. They are a business, not a charity and have to make money.
N/A

As in the previous poll, I suspect that as a business, £££££ will always be the driving factor.
But to get to
you need to have customers, so you must ensure that you have good strong accurate and effective
Marketing,
then you need to make sure that these customers usage is sustainable, and you need to make sure they pay you money - thus
Contract Law
is important. OK, so now you have customers, that doesn't mean
yet though;
you need more customers, and you also need to keep the ones you have, now you need to be
alongside showing
Dedication to customer support
this will help drive
by
Preventing users from cancelling

So basically, I expect PN to always concentrate on making a profit. The important bit is ensuring that they remain sufficiently longsighted to ensure that all of the middle steps which are important to us customers are carried out. And carried out well
N/A

Heh - you type too quickly Mark!

One day I shall beat you Wink

(with a stick, or belt, whichever you prefer)
N/A

I'm afraid ££££££££££ doesnt mean money. It means greed.

Customer service should not suffer ever. The core principle of the business is to provide a service. Making money is a by-product of that principle.

This poll is asking customers what they think is the priority.
N/A

Aha, you should have written greed then, rather than subject us to something which can so easily be misinterpreted! Wink

I still stand by the relationship between the different factors, and if greed is the word we must use to describe the desire to satisfy the owners (shareholders) of the company, then so be it.

I fully agree that customer service should never suffer, but I do have to take issue with your statement that
The core principle of the business is to provide a service. Making money is a by-product of that principle.

I cannot imagine that anybody sets up a company with the sole aim of providing a service - business are created to fill niches in the market, and provide services which are required, but these services are only provided as a means to make money.
N/A

Double post in error
N/A

One day I shall beat you Wink

(with a stick, or belt, whichever you prefer)

We must talk Tongue
N/A

Read the corporate philosophies of any major successful company.

If people are not satisfied, if doesnt go anywhere.
N/A

Again, I fully agree with you, the point I am trying to make though, is that ALL of the factors (plus many more) are essential, without any one of the factors mentions, the company would fall over, and would then fail on all of the other factors.
N/A

Without wishing to stir the pot: the poll question was top priority wasn't it?

In PlusNet land then it should be Providing a robust internet service ; if that isn't achieved then there's no point in providing anything more because customers will leave in droves and their share price would drop like a lead balloon: oh silly me they are. Wink
N/A

But if the only way to provide a robust internet service is by making a loss, that would be unacceptable - the business would fold then wouldn't it?
Hence why I thought that profit is priority one :?
N/A

Hence why I thought that profit is priority one :?

You are most probably correct James...

Some isp's put building their reputation or increasing their customer base before profit: TalkTalk, Sky and Plusnet before they floated. Smiley

But I have to agree with you really because you are fundamentally correct, it's just a matter of degree really isn't it? Wink
kosh2
Grafter

What exactly do you want to acheive with this poll?

If you break it down...

Of course its a priority. They couldnt be in business without providing a robust service

Sorry but it is not a robust internet service at present. I really have to diagree. hence the multiple posts re gamne pings, unusable usenet, delailed emails, p2p issues etc.

It is only robust for www at present. Which is probably the ideal group of customers they want. Trouble is grass is not particularly green on the other side either.
Alecto
Grafter

People seem to think that for an ISP to make money is reprehensible.
But that is what they, like all companies, exist for.
So their top priority has got to be making money.

Excessive short-term greed will lead to longer-term customer dissatisfaction, and less long-term profit as customers leave/don't join, in theory at least.

But the public as a whole is pretty pathetic, and will put up with all kinds of nonsense either through apathy or because they think they're saving 50 pence. So, AOL and Tiscali go from strength to strength, and Pn is going the same way.

The few who complain on here aren't going to give them any sleepless nights so long as they carry on getting new recruits, and don't have a churn rate above the industry average.

Pn certainly isn't as good as it was, but then it probably is making more money.