cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The plusnet help & support is impossible to use

N/A

Do anyone else find the plus.net support and help pages impossible to use?

I need to as a question to a human being at plus.net, yet I cannot find a link to where to do that...
16 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

The Help Assistant should be pretty straightforward.

If you click on the topic area that you require assistance with you should be able to follow the tree to raise a support ticket.

If you can't find the specific route or information that you require you can raise a ticket Here

Hope this helps.
N/A

Well that link should be placed prominently at the top of the help assistant.
chrisc
Grafter

The reason that it isn't is because when following the tree support tickets are directed to the correct department. This means they can be resolved as quick as possible.

If people use the link for general contact then tickets are forwarded to the main pool and are not immediately with the correct team to be resolved. This could mean it takes longer for the ticket to get a reply.
Mand
Grafter

Well that link should be placed prominently at the top of the help assistant.

On the right hand side of each Help Assistant page there's some text which says:

Can't find what you're looking for?

If you can't solve your problem on the website,
get in touch with our Support Team by asking a Question here.

Clicking the link will take you directly to raise a ticket, however this may need to be escalated to another department, depending on the nature of the query.
N/A

The user doesn't know anything about departments. Pushing responsibilities over to the user just because you're trying to optimize your own time, or trying to reduce the number of support tickets is not right.

Believe me, you are turning customers away! I've been with plus.net for several years, but I'm so frustrated with your support site (and now non-working VPN) that I'm considering going elsewhere.
chrisc
Grafter

The intention is certainly not to reduce the number of contacts or to push responsibilities.

The process is designed to ensure that tickets are directed to the correct department and responded too and resolved as soon as possible.

As Mand stated on each page of the help assistant you can click the link to directly ask a question so you can raise a ticket 4 clicks from the member centre.
sophos9
Grafter

Pushing responsibilities over to the user just because you're trying to optimize your own time, or trying to reduce the number of support tickets is not right.

86% of sampled customers (various ages, sex, geek expertise) in the electronic communications arena state they want to self service, PN is providing this service as a Voice of the Customer value added feature, the customer knows best what's wrong and a large percentage can get resolved via the self service

Customer loyalty on commodity's like an internet connection is know to not be high, its a simple transaction between customers in vs. customers out - seen the figures lately?
Aterlatus
Grafter

So what you're saying is you'd rather your tickets went to a generic "sorting" pool with a 4-6 hour wait on that before they even made it to a department that can actually help you?

Personally, I prefer this system. Sure it takes a few minutes longer to get your ticket lodged but once it's there you know you'll get your reply nice and fast.

It's evident in that before this system I remember the average ticket closure time being around 8 hours, now it's closer to 4!
Mand
Grafter

We could easily have one ticket pool and one button for customers to raise tickets into.

However this would result in something of a free-for-all when it comes to agents answering them, as each agent has a different skillset and different areas of knowledge.

This would result in delays in answering tickets, lots of passing tickets around the system, and more confusion all round.

If there are glaring holes in the Help Assistant, or any areas which are missed please let us know, we have a whole team working on the portal pages and Help Assistant who are happy to listen to your feedback, and make changes accordingly.
hamsandwich
Grafter

So what you're saying is you'd rather your tickets went to a generic "sorting" pool with a 4-6 hour wait on that before they even made it to a department that can actually help you?

No. What we currently have is a 4-6 hour wait to get a response from a clueless muppet, who then directs it someone who doesn't know what they're talkign about, who then directs it to someone who denies responsibility.

If plusnet could cut out the 6 hour wait at the start, we could get to plusnet's denial of responsibility much sooner.
Aterlatus
Grafter

Personal attacks really aren't called for...

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"?

Or in simpler terms, go moan in a quiet corner away from the rest of us.
N/A

If there are glaring holes in the Help Assistant, or any areas which are missed please let us know,

OK, I wanted to complain about the current email fiasco to demand compensation.

Where would I do that. I ended up leaving feedback.

I wanted to ask for a CISAS deadlock code after closing my original complaimnt.

Where would I do that. I ended up leacing feedback.

What you need is 'Other Issues' or similar. Now if you've already got that then it isn't obvious for me to find.

Steve
Mand
Grafter

Hi,

For a couple of weeks following the security issue we had a dedicated ticket path in place to deal with any queries arising from this.

There's currently a path called 'your feedback' which allows you to register any issues with the Help Assistant and make a complaint.
hamsandwich
Grafter

There's currently a path called 'your feedback' which allows you to register any issues with the Help Assistant and make a complaint.

How about you rename it "We gave away your email addresses: Register a formal complaint" to make it easier to find?