cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Spam folder

Xenolith
Grafter

The new Spam folder

My initial reaction is that this is working well - so far, all spam has gone there and not to my Inbox. And no false positives either.

So that's something good that has come out of this whole sorry mess. The great shame is that the change wasn't implemented years ago. Many users, myself included, have requested it, only to be told that it wasn't feasible or it wasn't important enough. Yet suddenly, within a few days, there it is.

Nothing like listening to your customers ...
16 REPLIES
stuartp
Grafter

The new Spam folder

Methinks its working too well Cheesy - no spam in my new spam folders, no spam to the highly-spammed addresses that normally get 30-40 per day each that I bounce to Gmail. So where is it all? No doubt backlogged on a PN mailserver ready and waiting to flood me whilst I'm least suspecting it.

But we live in hope .....

Stuart
driveconsultant
Grafter

The new Spam folder

Eerily quiet here too, not much of the usual Spam is coming through, filtered or otherwise.

Summat's wrong... Sad
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

The new Spam folder

I've tried setting up an IMAP account on my mailbox (in OE)

it just sits there in the authentication loop?

Do I *have* to use webmail to get the SPAM folder visible first? Don't normally use Webmail, so reason to have to use it just for the SPAM folder surely?

Particularly with regard to the root cause of the recent mail problems?

M
N/A

The new Spam folder

Do I *have* to use webmail to get the SPAM folder visible first? Don't normally use Webmail, so reason to have to use it just for the SPAM folder surely?

Same here I have never used Webmail, I was under the impression reading the email from Carol Axe that the spam filter would be available to all with no mention of having to log into Webmail.
Liam
Grafter

The new Spam folder

The Spam folder is setup as an IMAP folder under your mailbox. You can view this by setting up your mail client to use IMAP, or by using the Webmail service which connects via IMAP.
driveconsultant
Grafter

The new Spam folder

I did the first couple of mailboxes using webmail as per the confused instructions on the forum from earlier today. Later I tried just creating a folder called Spam and it worked - a handful of Spam messages were already there.
N/A

The new Spam folder

Liam, can you point us to any help setting up OE etc to use IMAP?
Superuser
Superuser

The new Spam folder

The Spam folder is setup as an IMAP folder under your mailbox. You can view this by setting up your mail client to use IMAP, or by using the Webmail service which connects via IMAP.

I tried this Liam! It either sits there trying to download the IMAP folders, or sits there trying to authenticate. Left for 20 mins - that should be long enough. More detailed info on just what to set up would be very useful.

M
Xenolith
Grafter

The new Spam folder

That's good. It would be ironic if everyone had to start using WebMail as a result of all this ...
Superuser
Superuser

The new Spam folder

Some progress. The SPAM folder has now been created - 'cos I got some SPAM - and the hang-up on authentication and getting folders went away?

Minor problem?

Maurice
chrisco
Grafter

The new Spam folder

I've got the Spam Protection Filter turned on & 15 spam messages were delivered today to the inbox of one of my mailboxes. I thought they were supposed to go to an online spam folder (according to the email from Carol Axe on 18th May) Also - assuming the spam eventually goes to that online folder - how do you check it, I've had ahunt round & I'm blowed if I can work it out, am I missing something? :?
Liam
Grafter

The new Spam folder

Please make sure that it's set correctly in the Spam section of the Manage My Mail tool, under E-Mail settings.

There are three options.

- Off
- Tag and deliver to Inbox
- Tad and deliver to Spam folder
chrisco
Grafter

The new Spam folder

Hi Liam, yes I've got option 3 selected.
Liam
Grafter

The new Spam folder

...and you say that mail is being tagged, and still delivered to the Inbox?