cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new PlusNet Portal - brighter, faster and all yours!

N/A

The new PlusNet Portal - brighter, faster and all yours!

Welcome to the new-look Portal!
We've re-launched the Portal website with a fresh modern look and improved navigation. The result is that is now easier to get the best from your PlusNet account.

Focus On - Your new MEMBER CENTRE
=================================
All your favourite tools have now been brought together in the new MEMBER CENTRE. Exclusive to PlusNet account holders, the Member Centre features everything you need to get the most from your account. From Webmail to Website builder, Account details to My Referrals – everything is just a click away!
There's also a new Quick Help section which answers your top questions and a Poll to let us know your thoughts on hot topics and product news.

There's more to come
===========================
We're constantly looking at ways to improve your PlusNet experience. As well as the new-look homepages at http://www.plus.net and http://portal.plus.net, keep watching for more improvements over the coming months.

What do you think?
====================================
Why not let us know what you think of the new Portal here at the Discussion Forums? We really value your feedback!

PlusNet Customer Support
http://portal.plus.net
My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet
26 REPLIES
N/A

RE: The new PlusNet Portal - brighter, faster and all yours!

My instant reaction to the new portal? WOW!

...and best of all, it doesn't sit around waiting for the final cookies or whatever it was that caused that old page loading lag - very irritating when you were waiting to login to check your messages on PlusMail.

The new look is clean fresh and modern and some thought clearly gone into it. A success at first glance... now, just let me dig a bit deeper and see what happens Wink
N/A

Pity you did not read the topic already started on this subject. Especially the privacy issues.
--
Reset
N/A

First impressions, very good. Will dig a bit deeper to see what else is new/on offer.

One minor thing.... "Mind the Gap" I run my monitor at 1024 x 768 pixels, and down the right hand side of the screen, there's quite a big area of white space. With the old portal system, no matter what resolution your PC runs at, the information would fit the full width.
Shame to squash it all up, but it's not the end of the world.

Dave W
N/A

Hi there everyone,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping this thread will remain a constructive touch point for anything related to the new design.
Reset, I'm unsure what you mean by security issue -- the reason you don't have to log in to get to your personal details is because you're logged in via a cookie?
If you need to make this more restrictive you can alter this through the "auto login" settings in your new Member Centre.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

I'm sorry but I don't think this new look is better: I can't tell whether I am logged-in now or not (my name used to appear after I logged-in - Welcome etc), I still need to log-in more than once very often, the left-hand listing on the homepage seems messy on my screen with headings wrapping over to the next line. The text size now looks far too small on the Home page.

And I can't see where I log out - essential for security on a multi-user computer.

> Welcome to the new-look Portal!
>
> We've re-launched the Portal website with a fresh modern look and improved navigation. The result is that is now easier to get the best from your PlusNet account.
>
>
>
> Focus On - Your new MEMBER CENTRE
> =================================
>
> All your favourite tools have now been brought together in the new MEMBER CENTRE. Exclusive to PlusNet account holders, the Member Centre features everything you need to get the most from your account. From Webmail to Website builder, Account details to My Referrals – everything is just a click away!
>
> There's also a new Quick Help section which answers your top questions and a Poll to let us know your thoughts on hot topics and product news.
>
>
>
> There's more to come
> ===========================
>
> We're constantly looking at ways to improve your PlusNet experience. As well as the new-look homepages at http://www.plus.net and http://portal.plus.net, keep watching for more improvements over the coming months.
>
>
>
> What do you think?
> ====================================
>
> Why not let us know what you think of the new Portal here at the Discussion Forums? We really value your feedback!
>
>
> PlusNet Customer Support
>
> http://portal.plus.net
> My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet

swythan
Dabbler

There's a very slight cosmetic problem on Phoenix and I presume other Gecko based browsers, as well. The lines in the orange background in the "Help & Support" box at the bottom left don't line up with the entries in it.

Otherwise it looks nice, but you *MUST* fix the privacy problem mentioned on the other thread, and fix it quick!
Community Veteran

> There's a very slight cosmetic problem on Phoenix and I presume other Gecko based browsers, as well. The lines in the orange background in the "Help & Support" box at the bottom left don't line up with the entries in it.
>
> Otherwise it looks nice, but you *MUST* fix the privacy problem mentioned on the other thread, and fix it quick!

I don't see a security problem!
I have just tried removing the autologin and after that I cannot get to my account details without username and password.
If I'm missing something then please shout back.

Also in answer to the logout query above. It is top right for the button to log out.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

> And I can't see where I log out - essential for security on a multi-user computer.

Agreed, it's not as clear as it used to be. On my screen, at the top right, below the BBCi banner there's a Log Out link. I suppose that indicates, your currently logged in ?
N/A

> > There's a very slight cosmetic problem on Phoenix and I presume other Gecko based browsers, as well. The lines in the orange background in the "Help & Support" box at the bottom left don't line up with the entries in it.
> >

And with IE6! Something to do with having three boxes and four text lines. Doesn't quite make it, but hey who's being fussy.

Generally I think it's quite smart but like all things new, it will take some getting used to. Kinda like Sainsburys. It's all there just not where it was yesterday! Smiley
--
Relax, life's too short... B-)
N/A

Well, good job I guess. It is nice to see development on the portal and wesite, but from what I can see, all that really seems to have changed is the layout (a bit) and a few colours.

I can't honestly say that it has improved my web experience any, or my experience of plus net. Like I said before, good job it is nice to see developement, and I really don't want to be negative, but I must say I would rather see a php update, or imporved webstats, or something like that over a change in the colours. Perhaps a change of Forum Software?

If I have missed anything then I do apologise, but those are my honest opinions which I hope might go someway towards improving the Plusnet experience....

--
Si Wilson
N/A

I can't see the options on the Menu bar across the top - looks like blue text on a blue background? (using Netscape 7.01).

And as someone else said, the items in the purple (lilac?) Member Centre box are confusing because they just wraparound lines. Eg, on one line I have "builder File vault", or "settings My", or "USENET BBCi". Only when hovering over the choices do I see which words join together to make a link!

Baz.
N/A

> I can't see the options on the Menu bar across
> the top - looks like blue text on a blue
> background? (using Netscape 7.01).

I didn't know there was a menu. It's purple on purple here (Moz 1.3b/W2k).

> on one line I have "builder File vault", or
> "settings My", or "USENET BBCi".

Same here. Totally unusable.
N/A

Hi there,
The incorrectly-coloured links may be due to an outdated stylesheet - a new one was very recently rolled out that addressed a couple of minor niggles with the formatting, and it's possible that your browser has cached the old version. If you can clear your cache, and reload a fresh copy of the site (alt-f5), that would be most helpful and should resolve your problems.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well some improvement over the old portal, but guess who ever made it thought of users stuck on 800*600 and using Opera etc that have fixed hot list menus on either left or right.

But even still it too narrow, even on 8*6 theres a good inch or un-used space which would make it Feel less crampt.
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017