cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new F9 excuse for updating or not 8mb service

N/A

Yep another of force9 botch job excuse with 8mb service

We will update our most loyal customer first, but it seems if you move house you lose your place in the queue.

F9 told me I have 3 years service and not 7 why I asked? You moved house

So if you move house next week it will only counts as 1 weeks service even if you have been with F9 for 7 years." yep he said"

Have been told it quicker if you close your account and set up a new one, you will get the 8mb service from today "yep he said thats true"

We will update your account on year next billing date that been and gone this month," nope he said try next month"

You told me what equipment to buy so I could upgrade my account so I brought it but still stuck on the same slow service.

how many hoops’ do I have to jump through?

Regards

Jill Weekes
ps have F9 updated anyone? I mean old loyal customers
8 REPLIES
N/A

seems to be a rather long waiting list. From the looks of it they are trying to stall as much as possible until they get the BT bulk upgrade tool and do as many as possible.
But I will agree that it is very annoying that you could just sign up for a new account and get your 8mbit much faster than already existing customers.
Abit of a shame it has all panned out this way but I guess thats big business for you, there not so concerned with keeping punters happy just concentrate on getting more and more of them.

Many of my mates on other ISP's have been fully informed as to when they would be having there lines submitted to BT for the upgrade but there doesnt seem to be any such system here.

good luck with your upgrade I'm sure it will happen in due time.
JonathanW
Grafter

In this case, its down to the fact that you would appear to have created a new account when you moved house. Where as today people generally keep their accounts when they move and simply have the connection moved with them.

We are getting orders put through to upgrade people, but due to the small number that we can place each day it is going to take some time, which is where the bulk regrade tool comes in. Once we've got all of the orders place BT should be able to start getting more people moved to Max.
N/A

the BT bulk upgrade tool

What actually does it mean how does it work as anybody seen it?
JonathanW
Grafter

The BT bulk upgrade tool is basically something that they make available to ISPs so that they can place a large number of orders at once. We used the tool last year as part of the upgrades to 2mb that we put through for everyone. They're going to make this available to us later in the month, so that we can once again place the majority of our Max upgrade orders.
N/A

In this case, its down to the fact that you would appear to have created a new account when you moved house. Where as today people generally keep their accounts when they move and simply have the connection moved with them..

We had to create a new account because me and my mrs did not live together at the time.

We tried to keep our accounts separate but F9 then could not work out how to keep our websites under one connection when we moved to our new house.

So under F9 guidance we set up this account and had a free account for me (mjr99)

But why penalise us for it
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The system that's placing the orders is entirely automated and is placing as many orders as BT will allow us. With the bulk regrade tool becoming available at the end of the month which should allow us to put more orders through each week I'd have thought that based on your signup date for this account you'll be quite high up the list.
N/A

Hi,

the bulk regrade tool becoming available at the end of the month v

Hi Dave

The bulk regrade tools means nothing to me do I have to use it or does F9 use it?

They say you can queue jump with it how?

I have said before I have over 6 year’s service with F9 can you amend that to show that fact.

In addition you say the upgrade is fully automated people write programs not computers garbage in garbage out
N/A

Basically the bulk tool is a system that will allow the ISP (force9) to submit a whole load more lines to BT for the MAX upgrade. thus clearing the massive que of accounts quicker.

As currently there is a limited number of lines that force9 can submit for upgrading to BT and this is why so many of us are having to wait. from what I gather plusnet/force9 have a rather large user base and the product has only been around for a while which means not everyone will be upgraded at once.

this seems to be something alot of poeple cant seem to grasp, I am as egar as the rest of you to get my business line upgraded but sadly there is a que and we have to wait in it, but this bulk regrade tool should help speed it all up.