cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The golden days of PlusNet

N/A

Posted: 09 Mar 2002 10:20 am Post subject: RE: Self install, networking & bandwidth
Hi John,

Yes you are correct, we do not have a bandwidth limit on your ADSL access.

Kind regards

--
| K**** R**** ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support .................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

I wish I'd been around then!!

I've been trawling through some old post, and found the above post from March 2002.

Everybody was so polite back then too. The posts are full of "Good Evening John" and "Good Morning Fred" and I even found a "Gosh the internet's slow to night".

And lots of post complimenting PN on their service, and CS replying and saying "Thankyou. We're glad you like your service"

And CS reply with 15-20 minutes of a post........

What do we get now.............. I'll let you answer that.

Me, I'm off now. I've finally had enough, got my MAC last night and have jumped ship. Nildram will be my new home soon.

I might even get MAX ADSL sooner this way too. I really hope things get better for everybody staying with PN, and I admire your loyalty.

And finally .... Thanks PlusNet, I was very happy with your service for the first 18 months or so, but the last 6 have been a different story.

Good luck to all, wherever you may surf.

Bish
32 REPLIES
N/A

Look, how many times do I have to request this: Can people jumping ship please find somewhere other than Nilly to land Wink as we're running a risk of overloading it.

Anyway good luck, and I agree (as one of the ones around in '02 - then Plusnet were in class of their own, way above the competition. It is only in the last 12-18 months that they've dropped the ball Sad )
N/A

Here's one from a year ago (when the rot started to set in)

Date:2005-04-30
If you move onto the upto 4mbit then there are no additional charges. At present we do not have the full schedule for when the lines will be 4mbit and higher enabled.
This could be any time until Autumn.
This means that if you stay on this package we can change you to 4mbit automatically when it is released.
Alternatively you can downgrade to the £21.99 upto 2mbit account free and pay the one off £14.99 upgrade fee when the new speed is available.

And it has been a long time since autumn and there are no 14.99 queue jumps available.
Yes, it used to be great, but things have steadily been getting worse, the above is an example of the first problems and the first time we were promised communication would be better. Things seem to have steadily gone downhill since then in terms of service and support until reaching the shambles they have in the last few months.
N/A

Ah! yes I remember those days........ can't help wondering though what would the situation be with Plusnet now had they not drastically reduced the prices last year and decided to run with crowd because and this may sound elitist but it is not meant to be I recall when I saw what I considered a ridiculously low price drop thinking "oh no here comes trouble" but realistically would Plusnet still be in business had they not done that or could they have survived being what could be loosely termed a "niche" isp?

Basically thinking out loud here but it would be interesting to hear what any members of the coms team think
N/A

If they hadn't of dropped the prices, it would of ended up with a few dozen "omg, plus.net are too expensive now, others have dropped their prices, why can't you??" posts.
N/A

Problem is they just keep changing the goal posts too often, we came to PN when Internet providers did offer unlimited provision. My only concern now is that prices and packages are reducing again and clients like myself are going to have to find a provider that will allow us to use the amount of bandwidth we need.

I would pay more if PN set clear packages that would not change with the latest tech fad.
N/A

Look, how many times do I have to request this: Can people jumping ship please find somewhere other than Nilly to land Wink as we're running a risk of overloading it.

Too late. Their website has been failing miserably to let me sign up since Friday. It's a telephone job from work tomorrow morning. If you're trying to get in there, you may like to go for the phone as first option, but wait while I get sorted, willya? 0930 hopefully ought to do it.

So sad.
N/A

Hm, I had problems the other day but I was behind my work's proxy (or is that poxy?) server and as soon as I came home to use my own connection suprise suprise no more problems. (Work have 4 proxy servers and no proper session control so sessions can be split across all 4 each with a different ip address)
Community Veteran

May I suggest something for those going to nildram? You may migrate to nildram on the proviso that you get nildram to give me a Part Time job.
N/A

Sounds fine with me, as long as we make that offer to Nildram on the proviso that you give us great support and work on sorting out the static IP costs Wink
Community Veteran

heh; course I'll give you good support and I'll do whatever I can on the static IP costs.
N/A

No Daniel, your first task would be to sort out the online migration system that is apperently a bit bent. Never mind, POTS to the rescue. I've done the deed now, anyone else waiting can get stuck in.

Sorry mods, definitely naughty to discuss other providers I know, but when your ISP breaks the social contract so egregiously as surreptitious LLU and consequent high-priced migration costs, what do you expect?
N/A

Discussing other ISP's seems totally acceptable for Community Support when so many of the community are looking for support in leaving Wink
If PlusNet want to deal with it they need to take a long hard look a lot closer to home.
N/A

lol Shocked
N/A

You know it's weird, I've not ever had a problem with PlusNET. Of course this could all change as I've put in my order for MaxDSL but in the 2.5 years (Dec 2003) that I've been with them, their service has been good. Maybe I don't encounter issues as I'm only on a steady 1Mbit line (max supported without MaxDSL). Still, the next few weeks will prove interesting with MaxDSL.