cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The final stupidity of Plusnet.

kosh2
Grafter

hate to bore you all but I think it is important that we highlight the current incompetence of Plusnet.

Some of you may recall that my fsther-in-law has been unable to obtain ADSL and has now had his account terminated. (That last phrase is very improtant.) However he was never contacted regarding the contract termination nor anything to do with a refund.

I sent the following ticket on his behalf.

[Support Wizard Journey] [Additional Information] My father in law who had the username **** was unable to receive adsl service from you. His account has now been terminated, though noone bothered to tell him. Also no-one has contacted him to sort out the refund. Despite his own attempts at email and phone contact to yourselves. naturally with no account he cannot raise a ticket himself. Please can he be contacted. You shoold still have his details on file or he will have to take legal action agaisnt you.

Here is their reply. read it carefully.

Unfortunately we are not able to disclose any infomation able that acconnt via the account due to the Data Protection Act please raise the tick on the account the you are quering.

Regards,
Link:CUAremoved

Could the agent explain how he can raise the ticket on his account when his account has been terminated. Also all I ask is that Plusnet do the decent thing and email or ring him.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni):CSA name removed as per the forum rules]
12 REPLIES
N/A

In this case what the agent was trying to say is indeed correct. They cannot discuss the details of another account with anyone but the account holder. However, given the circumstances, I believe your request was understandable and reasonable.

The quality of the response, regardless, leaves a bit to be desired tbh.

Perhaps, in these circumstances, and given the history, a PM to a member of the Comms Team might shed some light or acheive a better result. Smiley
kosh2
Grafter

I agree with you that what he is saying is technically correct, but in light of the clear content of my ticket the answer is flawed.

How do I find out which Comms team member is on call so to speak?
sophos9
Grafter

Don't they spell check their responses?

Agreed, DPA states that the customer must authenticate over 3 questions - a bit of savey would not go a miss

Hope you get it sorted!
N/A

I remember reading about this case earlier, I believe one of the PN team got a hold of it and sent it in the right direction. Hopefully the same will happen again.

Although some of these replies are absolutely shameful, I totally agree. They should vet their customer service employees before putting them near a computer to make sure they are capable of absorbing information and giving an adequate reply lol.

naturally with no account he cannot raise a ticket

please raise the tick on the account the you are quering

I mean.. Hello. Whats going on lol

I hope you get this sorted out mate with a full refund, after all - nothing was gained from this experience apart from a lot of stress which soley lands at the feet of PN.

I have to say on PNs behalf that this doesnt often happen, I have not seen a case like this brought up on the forum before although it doesnt offer any assurance to your father in law it may to you. Wink

Good luck
N/A

Hi andre,

I'm not sure, given the time of night, if any of the Comms Team are still here tbh. I know Dave was working this evening.

I will flag this up to Comms for you now, and hopefully one of them can take a look at the issue in the morning.

Good luck in getting it sorted.
kosh2
Grafter

Thanks, that would be helpful.

I am going to have to confess that my father in law got his password wrong by one digit. I have discovered this tonight. So his account is in fact still live. I have checked his ticket and now have a new problem

The last response is as follows:

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 25th May at 9:00am. This ticket will remain open with the BOT - Long Line Faults until this time.Additional information is provided below:

INTERNAL: On hold until after cease.

There is no button to respond to this ticket. Some one from CS has responded toa ticket on my own acount and I am hoping he will chase this. Why does it take this long to refund a customer?

BT have said there is no chance for ADSL so why the delay in terminating the account?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If you can let me have a question number of the username I'll take a look into it for you.
kosh2
Grafter

The ticket number is 19026490. I have also PMed this.

Please find someway of ending this saga. My father in law is not very computer savy and the BOT response I posted in the above mesage meant nothing to him.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've replied to your PM, the fault guys will be able to sort this next week and issue the refund when we receive confirmation that the case is closed with them and the ADSL ceased.
kosh2
Grafter

Many thanks.

Still think it is genrally poor service from CS. A very poor reply to my original ticket, where clearly the person did not read what I said. Shame I had to resort to the forum to progress this.

I also remain unclear as to why the whole process has taken so long.

Hopefully guys there will be no more "father-in-law" posts but if things still drag their feet I will be back Wink
N/A

Don't they spell check their responses?

NO... Sad
N/A

Hopefully guys there will be no more "father-in-law" posts but if things still drag their feet I will be back Wink

Let's hope so and maybe this time your post wont be censored ...

If so PM me with the full post. Wink