cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The end of 'You Stay We Pay' ?

N/A

I just read Issue 7 of the PN newsletter. Item 5. Plan for 2007 - mid-term report has me worried. It states that "Our You Stay We Pay scheme has now been removed for new customers, replaced with an alternative that allows low cost entry to broadband with a 12-month commitment."

Does this mean that the minimum contract period is to be increased from 1 month to 12 ? This (one month period) is a big selling point and moving away from it would be a retrograde step.
40 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Perhaps it could have been worded slightly differently. The idea is the same. It's still a monthly contract, but if you leave within the first 12 months you just pay us back for the modem and activation fees. It's not so much a commitment to stay, but more of a commitment to pay those fees if you decide to leave within the first year.

Anyway, I've passed your comments on to the team responsible, so thanks for highlighting this to us.
N/A

It's all greek to me, will I have to pay more or lose out ?

"You Stay We Pay will be removed for current customers following the launch of Broadband Your Way in April, meaning we'll be waiving fees for people who've been with us for more than 12 months." :?

Announcements like this are usually a precursor to either paying more or getting less ! Cry

I've been with plusnet for ages, 3 or 4 years.

What will you be waiving for me ?

Explain please....................

Regards, Paul
StuWard
Grafter

Thats cool

Means i can leave as soon as the new scheme comes in

Stu
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: It's all greek to me, will I have to pay more or lose ou

Announcements like this are usually a precursor to either paying more or getting less ! Cry

Nope, not at all. With the launch of Broadband Your Way you'll have a choice in that you can stay on product you are on now or you can choose to switch to one of the new products which you may find to be more suitable.

What will you be waiving for me ?

Looking at your particular account there's no deferred fees so it won't affect you.

Over the last 2 years new customers had a choice of paying the activation fee up front or deferring the cost over 5 years. The change we've made is that the 5 year period is reduced to 12 months and so any customers that selected the 5 year offer now only have the fees on their account for a year. The same offer is available for people moving house.
mrchalk
Grafter

When does the "fees on their account for the year" thing start? How much longer will i have the fees on my account? P.S. Im more than happy with Plusnet, im just wondering :lol:
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

When does the "fees on their account for the year" thing start? How much longer will i have the fees on my account? P.S. Im more than happy with Plusnet, im just wondering :lol:

From the newsletter...

You Stay We Pay will be removed for current customers following the launch of Broadband Your Way in April, meaning we'll be waiving fees for people who've been with us for more than 12 months.

About mid-April was the last I heard.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Neil_A
Grafter

Means i can leave as soon as the new scheme comes in

Hi there,

Is there anything we can do to change your mind? What is it about the service you are not happy with? I can't see any tickets on your account that you've rasied in the last 12 months, your billing is fine and you are within your usage allowances every month. Are you aware of the new services we're launching in the next few weeks? These may give you better value.

Please let us know if we can help with any problems on your line.
N/A

From the newsletter...

You Stay We Pay will be removed for current customers following the launch of Broadband Your Way in April, meaning we'll be waiving fees for people who've been with us for more than 12 months.

Just to clarify, I moved house exactly a year ago this weekend and in doing so received another deferred fee. As the changes you mention will occur after this anniversary does this mean that both the original and new deferred charges will be waived?
N/A

Yep, anything thats older than 12mths will dissappear.

Anything charges deferred for less then 12mths, will dissappear once they reaches 12mths old.
mrchalk
Grafter

Kind Rgds,

Cheers Bob. Smiley
StuWard
Grafter

Peak time for me has been unbearable over the last month or so.

before then i had no issues, but now as soon as it hits 6-7 PM i cannot run a game and Teamspeak at the same time. TS is choppy an unnaceptable.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Is it always about the same time that the problem starts? Also do you know when it goes back to normal? Is it just when you are running the two at the same time that you have a problem, if you just play a game or just use Teamspeak do you notice any problems?

Do you notice any problems with anything else at the time (e.g. web browsing)? If you run a tracert at the time you are having a problem or run a speedtest does it show any problems at all?
StuWard
Grafter

Problem is there every evening
Its worse when i run both, but i have had issues running one at a time
Web browsing seems to slow a little, but more than acceptable
I haven't run a tracert, i dont know how to, and don't think i should have to.
Speedtests go as low as 900/ sec
gswindale
Grafter

To run a tracert, go to your Start Menu and select Run, Type in CMD and press Enter. Then at the command prompt type tracert SERVER (ie "tracert www.google.co.uk"; or "tracert www.plus.net"; without the "").

Running this and posting the results here will give the guys on the forum some sort of idea as to exactly where the problem lies, so when they suggest doing this as a step to help resolve an issue, I cannot see that anybody should have an issue doing this.