cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The connection has timed out - Welcome to my world

N/A

The connection has timed out

The server at www.plus.net is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Whats going on? I have been disconnected (not really disconnected I just cant do anything at all unless I reconnect). Its happened about 6 times today at totally random intervals and it seems to be getting worse. It starts off with just one web page not responding, then the whole of the WWW shuts down on me. Then a few minutes later MSN Messenger disconnects.

Any idea whats going on, or is there a possible solution? I am using the Business BB account and never had any problems like this before. I have raised a ticket, although I am having trouble now seeing if its actually gone through lol :roll:

Any help, advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Ps. Its been happening for 3 days, first it was once or twice, then it was about 4 times and now its been 6 times in the last 3 hours.
3 REPLIES
Ommin
Grafter

Re: The connection has timed out - Welcome to my world

Its happened about 6 times today at totally random intervals and it seems to be getting worse.

When did it start?

I am usually on the ptn-ag1 gateway/ Metronet 155 pipe. There have been serious problems with it over the last two days and late this afternoon I disconnected/reconnected at which time I found myself on the pte-ag2 gateway. I am not absolutely certain, but I believe this might mean that Plusnet have or are currently transferring a substantial number of customers onto the main platform while they attempt to resolve the problems with the ptn-ag1 gateway and Metronet 155 pipe.

I am also experiencing timeouts at the moment.
N/A

I'm getting the exact same problem. Have had it for the last 2 days.

MSN messenger and other messengers randomly say I've been disconnected, sometimes pages take a while to respond and some websites just plain don't work at all.

For example:
http://www.gamespot.com (Can someone please test for me, to make sure it's not just me?)

I've tried changing DNS servers... and all my network settings are correct...

Any ideas anyone?
N/A

I've noticed the connection seems stable now and in traceroute AG1 doesnt appear. (Started about 2-3 days ago).

I wonder why the hell it took so long to sort out. Been a real pain in the backside and I hope it never happens again. Although I will be asking for some sort of compensation for the last 3 days because it was just impossible to do anything.