Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best deals ?????????

aetos
Grafter

The best deals ?????????

Hi,
I wonder how many off us are feeling that we are being short changed by PN.
Everytime a new product is introduced in a similar price band or download amount, or category we are left paying more for less.

On all new accounts free phone calls are given yet if you are on an older account you may end up paying more and not given any of the benifits

The product I am Teleworker Pro is no longer available and is on a BT 20:1 contention (an option no longer offered) I pay £29.99 a month for PAY up to 7GB and yet PN have never offered a SERVICE of free calls

Anyone else in the same boat Cry

MArk
5 REPLIES
N/A

The best deals ?????????

So is it just the missing phone calls you want, or some alternative to the account you are on ? Unfortunately it smacks of the 29.99/ 39.99 accounts where users could have changed account and saved cash (I see the Teleworker Premier is 24.99, and the current Teleworker PAYG account is from 15.99, but they won't give you 20:1)...

Seems you are either going to live without the "free" calls, or lose the 20:1, so which is more important ? It's a bit like banks and other services, where new customers might get a better offer a few months after you've chosen something which seemed "OK" at the time.

In the case of residential accounts, those staying on 20:1 products paid more than those on 50:1... I suspect you can only decide whether you want to stay on what you have, or not.

A year ago you'd have had the option to "migrate" to Metronet - at that time they had some 20:1 accounts with generous traffic limits (PayGo Extra) but they're no longer listed, unfortunately. I don't know what BTW charges for 20:1 (yu might be getting a bargain) but if the 20:1 is important. to you, best stick with it!

Phone calls can be had very cheaply via www.1899.com
N/A

The best deals ?????????

There is no such thing as 50:1 or 20:1 anymore (on the BT network anyway). And I'm not sure what the quoted contention ratios are anymore within the plusnet network.
N/A

The best deals ?????????

Whether they are quoted as 50:1 or 20:1 the existing BTW products (Home and Office services) are still (presumably) available.

Can see how someone paying 29.99 and getting 7 GB/month can feel "left out" when legacy products don't get a "refresh" to add phone calls.

No easy answer - can stick with it, or change to some other product (which may have differences, re web space, etc, etc) esp as it is costing less.
N/A

The best deals ?????????

The home/office products do indeed still exist, but instead of quoting contention ratios, Office traffic is just prioritised offer Home traffic at the ATM level.
aetos
Grafter

The best deals ?????????

I should make myself clear it is the general spread including legacy products why shouldn't the customer benifit from new features..
I was thinking its a bit like the banking advert on TV, " but thats for new customers only"

MArk