Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Trial Exchanges

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The Trial Exchanges

It's possible that the portal tool to change speeds will be available before your speed changed, in which case it'd just give you the choice of your current speed and a lower speed (e.g. if you were on 1Mbps it'd offer 512 and 1Mbps) and then when your speed upgrade happened you'd also have the choice of up to the maximum that your line was sync'ing at.
3 REPLIES
N/A

The Trial Exchanges

Just a quicky about the trial exchanges for the MaxDSL which can be found here - http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2130

I am not directly on any of these exchanges, however, I was wondering if I may see an upgrade as I suspect my own exchange was "piggy-backed" onto the Bridge of Weir exchange last year (this exchange IS getting MaxDSL on trial).

My own exchange had NO threshold limit set but had 250+ pre-reg's on it. Suddenly, when BT started the piggy-backing initiative (if anyone remembers it), my exchange triggered immediately and the nearest exchange (by some miles) was Bridge of Weir

So I am wondering if, because of this piggy-backing, my exchange MAY get faster speeds thru MaxDSL or if there is NO chance at all... At least for the first stage anyways.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

The Trial Exchanges

Hi,

As far as the alpha trial is concerned then only the exchanges listed will be taking part. For a later trial, I have no idea which exchanges will take part. I remember the piggy backing because quite a few exchanges round me benefited from it, I think BT called it sub-tending.

The faster speeds will come to your exchange, just not in April.
N/A

The Trial Exchanges

Cheers Dave.... Just wasnt sure if upgrades etc done to the "main" exchange on where we are piggy-backed onto would have a knock on effect but I guess not :?

Ah well, I guess the most I can hope for is to mebbe get it quick due to being subtended to one of the first exchanges but we'll see Smiley

Edit - Can I just make sure that when I am able to choose the speed on the PN portal then it means it has been done i.e. I wont get the chance to change to MaxDSL speeds until my exchange is done ?