cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

I have only just joined Plusnet .For 2 days I had a plus account which was so slow I would have been better on a dial up account,so I changed to a premier account which is a lot better. I pay for a upto 2MB account but because of my line and distance etc I can only get a 1MB service ,then yesterday I am told that this service is going to be slowed further by the new terms and conditions and"Introduction of traffic prioritisation techniques to all broadband accounts" which no matter how Plusnet says it means slowing of my service .I have only been with plusnet just over a week -today I told them I would not agree to the new terms and conditions and asked for a mac code to leave ,I was told I would have to pay £83.75 to leave .So much for their 45 day Guarantee ,its not worth nothing.I have told them I will not agree to their new terms and conditions -they must have known that this was coming when I was joining ,when I changed from a plus account to a premier account I asked if this accouint was throttled in any way and was told " it wasn't -this was a lie, as it turns out it is, and was at the time of asking .As you can migrate to many many providers free -What does the Plusnet Guarantee really give any one ,when they still expect £83.75 if you decide to leave!! :
14 REPLIES
ceridwen
Grafter

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

Interesting.

Re-reading the guarantee it clearly says "If you're not completely satisfied during this time, we'll pay for you to change to another broadband provider.
With nothing to lose, why not try us today?"

but as you've probably gathered PN has a poor reputation at keeping its promises at the moment.

I presume that even though you have to pay PN £83.75, PN will still pay out any migration costs involved in moving to a new ISP?

If the ISP you move to also charges £83.75 for activation, then once PN have migrated you (and paid any migration fees involved as per the guarantee), then you are no worse off than if you had adopted that ISP from the outset.

However, if the ISP you migrate to charges a lower activation cost (or as is common none at all), then you clearly have lost out going to PN first, and as such I think you have good grounds for misleading advertising and misselling!

Matthew
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

The PlusNet gurentee till allow you to get out of any longterm contract you have commited to, within 45 days of arriving here.

It will pay the outbound migration (ie, that the ISP you move to) fee, if there is one.

It doesn't pay for any defered costs you agreed to during your signup, as covered by the "You stay, we pay" offer and point 10 of the gurentee terms and conditions
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

this is what it says
"We will pay the lesser of:
£12.99 (Inc. VAT), or
the cost charged by your new provider for carrying out the migration. Which means As I understand the most they will pay is £12.99.which is a lot different from£83.75 .They are very with clever :x their wording ,had I known what they were like I would have read it more closely .
They move the goalposts and you have to pay .but what makes me really mad is they make it sound like they are doing you a favour.I will be taken legal advice on this and will keep you informed, as I think they are out of order

Bill
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

I will be taken legal advice on this and will keep you informed, as I think they are out of order

Join the queue, but do keep us informed.
Community Veteran

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

If you signed up to a 12 month contract it actually saves you 11 x your monthly fee as well because the contract is cancelled if you use the 45 day clause to migrate out.

So for some, it does save them more than £12.99.
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

We're sure that you'll be delighted with broadband from PlusNet. If you're not completely satisfied, we'll pay for you to leave.

All of our broadband products come with a unique guarantee: if you're new to PlusNet, you'll get a relaxing 45-days to experience our broadband service to find out if it's right for you. If you're not completely satisfied during this time, we'll pay for you to change to another broadband provider.

Once you've experienced our award-winning service and value, we're confident that you'll stay with PlusNet broadband. You can take advantage of the PlusNet Guarantee if you're new to broadband or if you are changing from another broadband provider.

With nothing to lose, why not try us today?

The plus net guarantee...nothing to lose but £70.50 (£58.75 activation + £11.75 administration fee, cleverly hidden in the T&C's).

http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/tandcarchive/280405-240805/contract_periods.html

Also does this part mean you have to pay to the remainder of a 12 month contract if you signed up for one?

The date at which your contract ends will be calculated according to our standard Terms & Conditions, and the contract period chosen during registration.

http://www.plus.net/features/guarantee_terms_and_condtitions.shtml

The standard T&Cs say that you do. :?:

That's some guarantee guys. :lol:
Metalguru
Grafter

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

The +net guarantee

Does exactly what it says on the box ..................... ISH
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

Any comments PlusNET?
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

It is all smoke and mirrors.

Take migrating in to plusnet, you think (and it says) free and 1 month contract, but if you want leave before 12 months is up, you have to pay £15!

But PN fail to advertise the fact that you must remain a customer for 12 months to get free migration!

So it is not a 1 month contract at all, even though the big bold letters tell you so.

They draw your attention to this in the details:

"It is free to move to a service based on your existing BT product type. However, changing the speed or contention rate of your service is subject to a one-off fee of £14.99 and will take place 5-7 days after your new account becomes active. See our FAQ for more information on BT product types."

But fail to tell you here that you must remain with them for 12 months to get free migration.

If you fail to read the small print fair enough, but it's a bit unfair if the customer pays £15 to change to an un-traffic-shaped service, then it is applied only a few months later (with no notice) and then made to pay the £15 to leave because PN have indead changed the customers original service they signed up for.

I await the replies of "you should have read the small print", and of course you are correct, but, it would be nice to see good old fashioned honest adverts where you do not need a Philadelphia lawyer to find the hidden clauses and sub clauses etc etc.
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

Bob

i agree that free on the image should have an * and then cross referenced to the fact that you have to pay if you leave
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

As I said I am a new customer of Plusnet and I only wished I had taken a read of this forum before joining them ,I never realized how tricky they are with their hidden clauses - fancy but cleaver wording.Anyone who treats their customers the way they do -who move the goal posts the way they do .who slow down peoples service the way they do -in the end will pay the price and will lose customers by the droves .I would sooner pay a higher premium and get a better and faster service without any of the
"Introduction of traffic prioritisation techniques to all broadband accounts" [i,e a throttled service] .any broadband provider that slows a service that people are paying for deserves to fail and unless Plusnet changes its ways and treats its customers better
then it has ,it will fail ,its only a matter of time

Bill
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

I totally agree Bill.
I have only been with PN for 5 months, the day after I joined the T&C conditions and service I payed for where changed !

I could go on but I just cannot be bothered to be honest, it's seems like the same old story as it was with F9 in the dial up days.

Good luck Bill.
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

Hi. I'm in a similar situation. I signed up with PlusNet about a month ago and the service has been horrible so far. Changing the rules in the middle of the game with the new T&C and that PN guy threatening a forum user with deletion for complaining about poor service didn't help my opion of PlusNet either.

I finally decided yesterday that I want to leave PlusNet (well within the 45 day Satisfaction Guarantee window) and got an email this morning saying that I'd have to pay £58.75 as a deferred activation fee before they would end my service and provide me with the MAC code.

I guess the only "no risk" option with PlusNet is to never sign up with PlusNet in the first place..
N/A

'The PlusNet Guarantee'

It would be a good idea if you posted this on ADSLguide so that others can read, see and hopefully learn, these are pretty much private forums read only by their customers.