cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The M.D.'s name please?

N/A

The M.D.'s name please?

After three months of fruitless posts/tickets my patience has now run out so I finally requested to speak to plusnet's Customer Services Manager only to be told by Richard Allen in technical support:

"As previously stated a senior manager will not be calling you, this includes our customer services manager."

Now, forgive me for sounding stupid but I always thought that a Customer Services Manager's job consisted of ............well, dealing with customers!
Now I wonder if the MD of Plusnet is aware of what his staff are doing/saying and that perhaps a quick letter to him might be in order - the only problem I don't know his name!
Can anyone help me?
26 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

The M.D.'s name please?

You'll find all the board here.
Not a pretty sight.
Take your pick.
N/A

The M.D.'s name please?

Hi Geoff
Thanks for the quick response - I see what you mean about the "pretty sight"!
By the way, is a "tie-less board of directors" supposed to convey some sort of message?

Mike
N/A

The M.D.'s name please?

this is a quote from pn's head of marketing

If you've got some genuine support issues our comms team will be more than happy to help.

If you don't like it here it's very simple for you to find another ISP.

Neil Armstrong
Head of Marketing
PlusNet

so i don't think you would have much luck if you complained to him!
N/A

The M.D.'s name please?

it's very simple for you to find another ISP.

Of course it is simple to find another ISP :roll: It's escaping that's the problem :lol:
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The M.D.'s name please?

Head of Marketing for whom? If he worked for me and made that sort of remark to a customer he would be out the door so fast his feet would not touch the ground.
Alecto
Grafter

The M.D.'s name please?

I thought the Head of Marketing, bless him, actually showed great restraint.
He didn't actually say "As far as I'm concerned, customers can f*** oiff.", even though that's clearly what he was dying to say.
Community Veteran

The M.D.'s name please?

N/A

The M.D.'s name please?

that quote was taken from his very last post on the forum
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32518&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

he seems to be staying away for now, maybe he's worried incase he says something else he regrets

or maybe he no longer works for pnHuh?Huh
LiamM
Grafter

The M.D.'s name please?

There is no need for some of the personal comments on this thread. It was said, indeed... but it's in the past and there is no need to keep bringing it back up. We've heard it all before.

This thread is drifting off topic and I'm tempted to lock it. I won't just yet, however. The question posed by the OP has now been answered, so unless anyone else has anything constructive to say, just let this thread die out..

If any of the personal comments continue, or this thread continues drifting off topic, I shall indeed lock it.
N/A

The M.D.'s name please?

no need to make any threats to lock liam

i wasn't trying to make any personal comments or attacks, just highlighting the fact to the op that complaining to those in charge sometimes falls on deaf ears.

but it's in the past and there is no need to keep bringing it back up. We've heard it all before

i'm sure there are sum that haven't heard it all before.
Alecto
Grafter

The M.D.'s name please?

. It was said, indeed... but it's in the past .

Liam, anything that has been said is in the past. That's what "said" means.
N/A

Re: The M.D.'s name please?

After three months of fruitless posts/tickets my patience has now run out so I finally requested to speak to plusnet's Customer Services Manager

Why bother? They don't give a toss anyway.
Vote with your feet, that's the only language they understand, and the purse is the only thing that will hurt them.
joncooper
Grafter

The M.D.'s name please?

It was said, indeed... but it's in the past and there is no need to keep bringing it back up. We've heard it all before.

First time I've heard it, don't you think stuff as telling as that deserves repitition for those of us who don't visit every day (or even every week).
LiamM
Grafter

The M.D.'s name please?

No. Because it is irrelavent now. That was quite a while ago and things at PN are changing... for the better.

As a moderator, I have daily contact with the Comms Team and Stew (Head of Comms) and I honestly believe things are being turned around to the Customer Focused ISP Plusnet were before. Slowly, I'll admit, but surely.

I must admit, I feel what he said was out of order given the circumstances. But I've forgiven and forgotten. There is no need to keep bringing it up as it is totally irrelavent now, it's not presented in context and that situation has since far passed.