cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Community Site is coming!!!

chrisc
Grafter

As some of you may be aware we are in the process of introducing a new Community site for all of our customers. This is currently in beta but we plan to fully launch the site by mid-July. For those of you who have not seen the site you can take a look here.

The introduction of the Community site will change the way in which we (as staff) and our customers can interact. We’ve decided it makes sense to bring all of the brands in the PlusNet family together in one place. The biggest change will be the removal of the existing individual portal forums. Shortly after the launch of the Community site these forums will be locked to new posts, and the old posts will be imported into the Community site.

The new Community site will offer our customers a much better experience compared to the existing forums and will enable staff members to assist our customers much more efficiently in one single place. It will also help the moderators keep track of discussions. We can avoid duplication of topics and information and allow our customers a single point of reference when it comes to forum support. We hope that the new stronger community can bring everybody together for the benefit of all our customers.

The Community site will also have new features that our current portal forums do not offer – Blogs, Polls and regular news articles as well as much better performing forums and an increased staff presence. As always we will be looking at ways of developing the Community site and you guys will be vital in contributing your ideas and suggestions to this development. We are already looking at things like Webcams, Chat and Customer blogs to name but a few ideas.

The Community site will allow us to interact even more closely with our customers and as always your feedback is very important to us as the site evolves. Feel free to go and have a look, we’ll keep you updated over the next few weeks as it develops and will of course let you know when it’s good to go and register a new account.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Chris,
Looking at the beta site registration is by user selected username not the present PlusNet username.
Will this also be the case when it goes out of beta and hence will the present ability by PlusNet staff to identify users by PlusNet/Force9 etc. username and hence help quickly be lost.
Also who or what is SMF
Choose username:
Used only for identification by SMF.
chrisc
Grafter

Looking at the beta site registration is by user selected username not the present PlusNet username.
Will this also be the case when it goes out of beta

YES

will the present ability by PlusNet staff to identify users by PlusNet/Force9 etc. username and hence help quickly be lost.

NO - The Community site usernames will be linked to your main account details - staff members will be able to access this information.

what is SMF

Simple Machines Forum - this is the software that powers the forums
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Thanks Chris,

Very clear answers - now one more - will the Simple Machines Forum be good enough to stop the PlusNet forums being the slowest on the planet (well perhaps after the Kaspersky Forums which really struggle) - I know they haven't been too bad recently but bringing everything together has got to be a big problem. Smiley
N/A

Re: The Community Site is coming!!!

As always we will be looking at ways of developing the Community site and you guys will be vital in contributing your ideas and suggestions to this development.

The topic is developing the Community site with feedback is it not?

Would it be because my feedback does not match up to your definition of feedback,that you seek to prevent open positive feedback being discussed here?
Community Veteran

The discussion about PUG that was taking place in this thread has now been moved off to;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56815

Please keep this thread for the discussion of the new community site.

Chilly
N/A

The discussion about PUG that was taking place in this thread has now been moved off to;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56815

Just as I thought, an attempt to derail a perfectly good discussion by messing up the thread. Well done, but if you are going to move posts please make sure you include ALL the posts. The one post from Danial has conveniently been missed out.

Please keep this thread for the discussion of the new community site.
Chilly

What can we discuss in this thread if we can't contribute our ideas and suggestions to this development?

Clarification would be welcome.
chrisc
Grafter

@theattic,

The discussion is continuing in the other thread and I have replied to your post there.
N/A

I realise that Chris and I have replied to your post there, but I would still like clarification about what we can post here to avoid another split thread which serves to confuse rather than help.
Community Veteran

Just as I thought, an attempt to derail a perfectly good discussion by messing up the thread.

No an attempt to ensure that it is discussed in its own right.

And as for the reference to Dan's posts, I am sorry if you visited this thread at the time that I was moving things around.

Chilly
N/A

Would it be possible for you to repost it in this post please?

Is there any possibility that you will comply with this request or am I just whistling in the wind?

By the way, I have taken screen shots of the sequence of posts for future reference..

The blatant attempt you have tried to stifle this discussion is disgusting! You should be ashamed of yourselves.
N/A

Why revert to perverse tactics to stifle a discussion?
Community Veteran

I am sorry I have I entered an alternative reality.

Chilly