cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Big Question

N/A

The Big Question

I'm on a Broadband+ account and wish to use a p2p network? I've searched about but haven't found a definative answer.

I'm okay with getting speeds of about 20kbs total. Doesn't bother me as we needed the broadband and this was the cheapest to get.

But I would like my 20kbs.

Does anyone know any p2p network that gets through the throttling, that is free, that has a large base of users and that I can set up and see results.

I have Ares at the minute and am not seeing a penny drop. Its nominal. And by nominal I mean zero.
5 REPLIES
N/A

The Big Question

When i was on plus the only thing that wasn't throttled at all was IRC. I don't know if thats still the same story...everything else ur gona be lucky to get over 13kb/sec
N/A

The Big Question

I have only been a member of Plusnet since the start of October. Everbody seems to go on about slow p2p speeds, but I am constantly getting 150-200kbps. Of course I do not use it between 4pm-12pm, which is peak as this is unfare on other users. The only reason I can think of is that i have forwarded the ports on my router, to use ports that maybe are not throttled...

N.B Maybe this is because I am on Premier....
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The Big Question

The shaping we do is not done for particular ports but is done by the signatures of the data packets that the applications use.

If you are on Premier and not using p2p at peak times the speeds benjones74 are exactly what I'd expect. On Plus however it will be a lot slower as Plus isn't designed for p2p use.
N/A

The Big Question

Surely though if I bought broadband because i wanted to use such a network, then I have every right to it. Your terms and conditions state that it is low priority, but that should mean I'm allowed to use it a little bit.

I'm getting nothing, and I dont think its fair.

---

I need some program names people.
N/A

The Big Question

Hi there,

I understand where you are coming from, but the fact is you can use it, maybe just not as fast as you would like. Smiley

Have you seen Dave's post here, which gives excellent insight into whats happening now and going forwards.

May not be everything you want to hear, but will at least provide some sort of definition and understanding.