cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's it, I give up!

N/A

That's it, I give up!

It gets better. Just found out my Aunt went into hospital 2 days ago and "why wasn't I reading my e.mails" :roll:
17 REPLIES
N/A

That's it, I give up!

E.mail has ground to a halt opver the past 3 days yet again and have started to get all sorts of shit from customers and frinds for not responding to messages. I've also now got bad feedback on eBay and have managed to piss my kids off as I didn't receive the e.mail they sent me 2 days ago. I fail to see what I am paying £21.99 per month for at the moment and might as well go to a free service such as If I am only getting Internet access for my money. As soon as the e.mail system is up and I clear my backlog I am going to look for a stable ISP or at least one that charges me for the services I receive!! Evil

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): <Swear filter avoidance removed>]
N/A

That's it, I give up!

Looks like e.mail is finally back but am now missing a pile of messages. Any chance of getting them back or am I supposed to just wait and see who complains about my bad service?
Alecto
Grafter

That's it, I give up!

gary, why not use a gmail account?
You can access it from Outlook Express, take it with you from ISP to ISP, and not worry that Pn's mail is down again.
I use gmail as my main mail since Pn have started their problems.

Yes, I know you shouldn't have to, but it solves the problem.
bluewhale
Rising Star

That's it, I give up!

i've just bought a new domain name to allow me to have independent email

but i'm having problems with +net rejecting mails sent to it's caych all names...
N/A

That's it, I give up!

gary, why not use a gmail account?

is gmail available for sign up in the uk..? last time i checked i couldnt find uk listed..?
N/A

That's it, I give up!

I've had a gmail account for about a year or so now and you will never need to delete emails (2.5gbs or something). Has a flawless spam filter aswell.

Works a treat. I never use Plusnets email account for anything other than service announcentments.

I even have a nifty little extension on Firefox that checks my Gmail everytime I open the browser.
N/A

That's it, I give up!

hhhhmmm better go see how i get an account again.

just checked still no go for me.. no number for uk as i can see..
N/A

That's it, I give up!

give us your email I'll send you an invitation.
N/A

That's it, I give up!

@bumzig
thanks sent pm...ok
N/A

That's it, I give up!

sent. I clicked send twice by error so you can have another on me Cheesy
N/A

That's it, I give up!

I tell you who I wouldn't recommend - Hotmail.

They deleted all my emails twice when I failed to log in for a couple of weeks (hundreds of emails going back several years in total).

With a free service, you have absolutely no grounds for complaint.

The idea that a [free] web based email account is preferable to a paid-for-service from your ISP is just wrong,IMO.

Hotmail,Yahoo etc addresses are also often rejected by many websites and forums.
N/A

That's it, I give up!

Except if you are with Plusnet, from what everyone that had hundreds of emails deleted said.

It doesnt matter who you are with, anything electronic has the ability to be deleted accidently or purposly.

You can't even rely on Snailmail. That gets lost all time.
holdtight
Grafter

That's it, I give up!

I even have a nifty little extension on Firefox that checks my Gmail everytime I open the browser.

Very useful that one but whats the name of the extension you use for this as i cant seem to find it ?
N/A

That's it, I give up!