cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

canny
Grafter

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

On Sunday the 25th I had a reliable 2mb Internet connection, on Monday the 26th I was 'upgraded' and now I have no Internet connection... I was hoping for 8mb of course but would settle for the 5mb the ADSL line is reporting at present.

Since Monday evening I've spent just over 6 hours of my time on hold without even managing to speak to someone in your support team. On Tuesday morning I raised a ticket online but after tests had been completed and a fault identified at your end I am now being told that I may not get information on what the problem is for 72 hours, this is really poor!

The forums suggest I'm not the only one with problems yet the service status pages and phone line seems to suggest all is well.... nice.

Diagnostics show the ADSL line to be fine, then they fall over on the PPP test.

Is it too much to ask for someone to speak to me about this or respond to my ticket with more than "passed to correct department"?

Will I get a refund for the days I haven't had use of my account? No. Will you reimburse me for the petrol used to travel the country rather than fixing things from home? No. Will you pay for the 6 hours of holding I've done on your pathetic support line? Highly unlikely.

I feel like I'm getting shafted here - what happened to basic customer service?
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

Customer support a PN is quite poor at the moment but PN are aware of this and are currently restructuring the CSC which will hopefully help sort the issues out.

If PlusNet have had to pass a fault to their wholesaler then IIRC about 72 hours is the norm for the wholesaler to respond...
canny
Grafter

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

My main gripe at present is that I don't know who is looking into this now - I know my end isn't at fault but that's it... sometimes it's nice to know where you are with things like this. As an IT chap I like to be kept in the loop.

On Tuesday Morning:

The Connection checks have now completed

Test result summary: Fail

We have completed testing of your broadband service. The results indicate that the fault may be caused by a problem with our systems

Followed by this at 11:42am:

Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.

I chased this at 5pm yesterday and then got:

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your query. I will now move your query to the correct team to be actioned. We will complete detailed diagnostics on your line with further updates expected in the next 72 hours.

So is it 'the line' or is it 'the systems'?

Either way I'm having to sit in the office rather than working from home and I have to talk to my partner at night instead of playing Battlefield 2 - it's shocking!!

Wink
docrobster
Grafter

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

Funny- I have the exact same quotes in my ticket asking why I can only get 600kbps on my maxdsl line, seems that there is a little fobbing off being done.
I do feel sorry for PN though as most of the problems currently seem to be due to BTw not getting maxDSL right in the first place
mrchalk
Grafter

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

My main gripe at present is that I don't know who is looking into this now - I know my end isn't at fault but that's it... sometimes it's nice to know where you are with things like this. As an IT chap I like to be kept in the loop.

On Tuesday Morning:

The Connection checks have now completed

Test result summary: Fail

We have completed testing of your broadband service. The results indicate that the fault may be caused by a problem with our systems

Followed by this at 11:42am:

Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.

I chased this at 5pm yesterday and then got:

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your query. I will now move your query to the correct team to be actioned. We will complete detailed diagnostics on your line with further updates expected in the next 72 hours.

So is it 'the line' or is it 'the systems'?

Either way I'm having to sit in the office rather than working from home and I have to talk to my partner at night instead of playing Battlefield 2 - it's shocking!!

Wink

Mate, im getting the same and im not maxed yet, dont think this is a MAXDSL problem only, my 1mb connection has been reduced by 1/3 since 1am Sunday morning.
canny
Grafter

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

Oddness.

Yet the service status says we are all telling lies.... everything is OK....

:lol:
canny
Grafter

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

I feel so much better now.... they have really made me feel wanted and special.... I'm a valued customer.... NOT!!!!!!!!!

We apologise for the bad service which you have recieved. Recently we have seen a huge rise in raised faults, this has caused a backlog which our teams are working overtime to get through.

We will not offer any refund for your subscription. Our terms and conditions state that the connection is not guaranteed and that downtime should be expected.

Your account is a residential account. If you are using this for work purposes, your need to upgrade to our Teleworker account, as this type of use breaks out terms of use.

Your fault is currently with our faults team, whom will be investigating this for your shortly.

This is in response to a message to customer services ranting about the cost of phonecalls to support where I spend hours on hold, the monthly payment that I pay for nothing and the extra it's costing me to go into the office when I'm on call rather than doing quick fixes from home.

So not only do they deprive me of a connection they tell me this is acceptable, downtime is expected and that I need to give them more money for a better account that I won't be able to use *sigh*
N/A

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

Hi

I DO understand how you feel.

More, we had 3 accounts with PlusNET (only one left now) and for one month it was no proper connection on that only remaining account. Even more for 4 weeks no connection at all and for the last two days miserable 127 Kbps. And it is a business line.

And it is a line for the CEO to use VPN with the main office. And I am the IT Manager. Have anyone ever had CEO without a connection for several weeks and have anyone ever attempted to expalin to him all this crap about BT, check the router etc. etc. Well, you better NOT, trust me.

The only thing I could do is to give him a laptop with Vodafone 3G card to calm the things down. I just wish PlusNET was the same as it was just two two years ago.

P.S. They DID charge us for that month.
N/A

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

Yep I hear ya.....

I got the same problem, 3 accounts with plusnet, all branch's linked by VPN, and trying to explain to the director of one of those branch's why they have had no internet for 2 and a bit weeks and still not got it now......

one thing is for sure, i cannot goto the branch in person at least not without being heavily armed!

bad from plus net, it started of so well.....
N/A

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

cambar,

So I am not alone in sorting things with directors and PlusNET.

lol, that was a relief!

Thanks, mate
N/A

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

yea man, it sucks, my ass is on the line while plus net keep making the coin..... and to think it was me that decided to move to plusnet.... they used to be sooo good.

I know that part of this problem is down to BT, but plusnet need to make more of a stand on telling people what is going on, i have several tickets outstanding since tuesday and as yet nothing.....

I moved from zen because there pricing was unrealistic, i still have one acocunt with them and rang them earlier with a problem and it was fixed in 20mins i guess thats what you pay for....

so come on plusnet, i challenge you to get back to me, even if to say that u have passed it onto BT, the clock starts....

NOW! tick toc tick toc........

Dazzler
N/A

Thanks for the 'upgrade'

Yep, Zen is a bit dear but it does work.

I've got the MAC for moving to Zen already.

BT, PlusNET, whoever but the boss does not care, it's me who is the "responcible party". So off we go to Zen...

Shame is, PlusNET WAS the best... but WAS is not good enough.