cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks and goodbye

N/A

Thanks and goodbye

Just wanted to say thanks to all those on the forum who have helped over the past year with advice, both customers and Plusnet staff, even had a phone call this evening asking if there was anything that could be done to change my mind, unfourtunatly the last five weeks email fiasco was the last straw for me, I know its probably fixed to an acceptable level now, but as it is still only a 'value added service' (a phrase certain to wind people up), then when it breaks again, it will still be as low a priority as it was this time.
Regards
Doug
3 REPLIES
N/A

Thanks and goodbye

You got a phonecall, huh? That's more than I got for my five years of loyal usage. My Adsl line continues to have problems, but it's good to have both cable internet and plus available as a secondary for when NTL's DNS goes haywire. Shame I still have to pay £21.99 for the privilege until August.

Good luck everyone, and to Plusnet plc especially.
N/A

Thanks and goodbye

You could direct all your DNS checking through your PN connection, and browsing via the other connection, if that helps... see "ROUTE ADD" under MS-DOS and direct the IPs for DNS lookup to use the PN router (I assume you use routers for both services).
N/A

Hmmm

or just dont use the NTL issued IPs for DNS use demons DNS servers instead.

using route add seems a rather odd solution imho.