cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you

N/A

Thank you

I'm downloading a torrent at the minute and I'm getting speeds of 200kbs+. This is a nice improvement from the 5kbs I've been getting for the past month or two. I'm guessing this is due to the new "silver" traffic thing, but whatever it is, thanks for sorting it! I'd never use 15gb on P2P in a month, 15-20gb usually accounts for usage on everything, so this new 15gb limit seems a good idea.

Another thing I was wondering. What does webcamming fall under? I have alot of relatives in London and Oz and my family are always using our webcam, does that come under http traffic?

Thanks again
Sean
6 REPLIES
N/A

Thank you

Hi there,

I'm thinking there's confusion happening here. The silver priority idea doesn't apply to Bit Torrent P2P filesharing protocols.

Only Usenet, NNTP aka Newsgroups are in the silver queue which, (in my experience) has shown a significant boost in transfer rates since 1/11.

I think what you're seeing with your increased speed is either:

(A) BT sorting congestion problems at your exchange

or

(B) luck!

Either way, let the good times roll Smiley
N/A

Thank you

His dload time was just after midnight probably though, so that would possibly account for the good p2p speeds. i.e outside of peaktime, when the Ellacoyas are throttling everything.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Thank you

Sorry for being pedantic, but his post is timestamped at 03 Nov 2005 23:37 pm - which is in peak times.

Please make sure your profile has the correct timezone (GMT) set.
N/A

Thank you

Emule for me is the same as it was 1/2 k/s between 12am -6pm.
N/A

Thank you

Ah thx for that, stupid timezone changes Smiley

Back to the point, it must of been pot luck then Cheesy
N/A

Thank you

I was having great speeds all day. It was going at about 60kbs+ during peak (12pm-7pmish) then shot up to over 100 and 200+ later in the evening. In the past month or so I've been getting about 10kbs max even in the early hours of the morning. I haven't tried it today as I'm at work at the minute but hopefully it stays the same *fingers crossed*