cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You PlusNet

N/A

Thank You PlusNet

Just a final note to thank PlusNet for smoothly handling the migration (out) process. Of the 5 or so years I spent with PN, most were good. I've already outlined in another post the reasons why I was leaving. It is however good to see that leaving was far less painful than staying.

I can also confirm that it was the ellacoyas that were crippling my IRC and DCC speeds. I'm now on an ISP that "just works".

Thank you once again though for the first 4 years. They were exceptional. Perhaps you will return to your old self...

Farewell. I'm off to request my refund on charges in excess of the 30 day notice period. Assuming all goes well with that, then this shall be my last post.

TTFN

A Happy Ex-PN Premier 1 Customer Now Enjoying Entanet.
6 REPLIES
rammie1976
Grafter

Thank You PlusNet

I'm glad you managed to escape so easily rnetworks. Smiley

With regards to the 30 day notice and over-paying, how does one go about getting a refund? (I'm off in a couple of weeks and will have paid too much with March's DD payment).
sam
Grafter

Thank You PlusNet

Hi archaeolith,

If you raise a ticket on your account, once you have migrated, we will be able to work out how much you have paid over the 30 days and get this refunded.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Thank You PlusNet

There is a specific path in the Help Assistant for this:

Customer Services & Billing
Account Management
Request a MAC Key (Moving To Another Broadband Provider)
My migration to another provider has now completed
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rammie1976
Grafter

Thank You PlusNet

Well, at second stage (Moving to...) it says 'Final payments will need to be taken via a credit or debit card where possible.'

So can I cancel my direct debit and pay the outstanding amount by credit card if I update my details?
Mand
Grafter

Thank You PlusNet

Hi there,

During the course of a migration out we will bill you as normal during the 30 day period. This is because we cannot be sure when the migration will actually take place.

If you get a MAC shortly before or after your billing date it minimises the chance of overpaying, as we require 30 days notice anyway.

If you have overpaid as has been said you can raise a ticket once the migration has completed and we'll sort a refund for you.
rammie1976
Grafter

Thank You PlusNet

Thanks for the clarification. Smiley