cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible speeds over the weekend

N/A

Just to add insult to injury last night i was getting a measily 5kb/s on NNTP for at least 3 hours. Isnt it bad enough that i have been capped at 28kb/s for 3 weeks but to drop this low is very poor service.

Id like to say that HTTP was running fast but even that had a major slowdown and pages took ages to load. I cant wait to my migration is complete.
2 REPLIES
N/A

The network is always busiest at weekend, just the natural effects of contention. If you look at the Bandwidth graphs, the usage plateuas around about the same level as weekday peaks with an extremely high spike on Sunday evening. Its likely a lot of bronze queue packets were dropped at this time. If you add in contention at your own exchange its far from suprising. I am not bothered about this, it is a contended service after all. It still doesn't alter how unnecessary arbitary speed caps are at other times though.
N/A

Tonight (21st) im still getting about 12kb/s on NNTP. Very poor. So im guessing the excuse this time is "Monday nights at 23:00 are also our peak period" or "Contention is bad at your local exchange".

Just like to add HTTP is still a bit slow as well.