cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Support

N/A

Telephone Support

I have just had my internet connection fault resolved after 5 weeks of no connectivity due to a glitch that occured on my connection as PlusNet were allegedy moving to a new wholesaler.

Anyway, it is fixed now, and I am happy about that, but I would like to vent frustration at the amount of time I spent on hold waiting for a response from an agent. I understand that PlusNet agents are very busy, especially during this period, and that the phone support service has been recently adjusted in an attempt to narrow down the number of customers on hold for an agent, but I still don't think it is satisfactory to keep people on hold for 30 minutes to an hour - it is still happening.

During my fault, I must of spent about 6 hours on hold, which is pretty poor. I was having a sleep on the sofa with the phone against my ear! Making a call to PlusNet required forward planning to ensure I had a spare 90 minutes to sit on the phone.

Are PlusNet planning on finding a solution for this, such as more agents? It doesn't give a very good impression, and is a big turn off. I know that with BT Broadband you are never on hold for more than 5 minutes.
7 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Telephone Support

Hi

We are working on the solution at the moment. The Support centre has been overhauled, including changes to staff, systems, and procedures. These changes will take time to improve the experience for the customer, but things will improve, in both the short and long term.

We appreciate that the current status is far from ideal and apologise for this, however we are working as hard as we can to improve things as quickly as possible.
N/A

Telephone Support

We appreciate that the current status is far from ideal

It's possibly best described as being "unacceptable" rather than just "far from ideal". Wouldn't you agree?
Mand
Grafter

Telephone Support

Hi

I would agree, as would everyone else here, hence the changes being made. The benefits should become evident pretty quickly.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Telephone Support

From reading the post on various forums it seems "The changes" to improve the waiting times is to make it damn near impossible to speak to anyone.
N/A

Telephone Support

Hi

I would agree, as would everyone else here, hence the changes being made. The benefits should become evident pretty quickly.

OK great. So we can all expect a refund shortly for the previous few months (and the forthcoming ones where it remains that way) where things have been far from ideal/unacceptable, as a gesture of goodwill?
N/A

Telephone Support

I must say that I am not keen on the current system for reporting new faults, whereby you leave a message and then kick your heels for a reply. If a new fault arised on my account then I would much rather get through to an agent and talk to someone as soon as possible. It's much more satisfying to do that. I hope it is just a temporary measure.

I am not bothered at all about flashy website gimmics, the PlusNet website is very impressive so KUDOS to the designers, but if your connection is faulty the website is useless, inconvienient at best. I am sure every customer here would agree and say that for customer support, all they really want is to be able to rely on the fact they can pick up the phone and talk to PlusNet quickly.

If you really want another website gimmic then how about Live Chat? Where you can have an instant message conversation with an agent? Live chat, and phone conversations fall into this bracket, blows email communication and tickets out of the water and always will. Invest in it.
N/A

Telephone Support

Because if it's like their phone system you'd be sitting around for over an hour and would still get no repsonse.