cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Support Wait

N/A

Telephone Support Wait

Why is the wait for Tech Support so long every night.
How much is the calls after 6pm on Weekdays?
30 mins wait is not really acceptable.
10 REPLIES
chymorva
Grafter

Telephone Support Wait

Hi,

1. The length of wait is because of (i) the number of people calling, and (ii) the detailed help that you get.

2. Calls to 0845 from a BT line cost 1p per minute after 6pm.

3. I don't think 30 mins is an unacceptable length of time to wait at 1p per minute (it is presently 21 mins).

Look here and you might change your mind !
Community Veteran

Telephone Support Wait

I think price wise PlusNet support is resonable, however I wouldn't wait for 30 mins for any service organisation on the phone. I can imagine some users are very annoyed once they manage to get through and personally I wouldn't like to be in either the customer or the support agent's position. PlusNet should be working, and I think they do in the main on ideas to improve this, its not always a case of getting more staff, but better processes, better online support all contribute.

Chris
N/A

Telephone Support Wait

I think thats hilarious that 2 people think its fine to wait 30 minutes heh. Although I understand that sometimes this cannot be helped blah blah, but its still a long time to wait whether its 1p a minute or free.
Community Veteran

Telephone Support Wait

I agree. 30p is neither here nor there imo. The cost of my time is much more precious to me. That said, unless an issue was urgent I wouldnt mind waiting a day or two for a ticket reply, but I suppose its because I would be able to do other things while waiting. Still I'm sure we would all rather have a reply there and then.

Chris
N/A

Telephone Support Wait

So you would rather have calls answered in seconds and the cs agent getting you off the line as quick as they can to take a new call? at another company not saying who you have I think it was around 90 seconds per call to meet your quota for the day - that never solved many peoples problems, and was very annoying. I would rather wait the 30 mins and have the cs agents full attention to my problem than have him clock watching to get me off the line so he could get onto the next.
Community Veteran

Telephone Support Wait

I don't think anyone has said that. If you are unsure as to what I have said then please read it again.

Chris
chymorva
Grafter

Telephone Support Wait

Which would you rather have:
(i) a 30 min wait, followed by a 20 min discussion at 1p per min (total 50p), or
(ii) a 2 min wait, followed by a 20 min discussion at 50p per min (total £11.00) ?
I know which I prefer Cheesy

Unless there are a lot more CS agents manning the phones there will be fairly lengthy waits at busy times. More CS agents to be paid could be funded by a premium rate call charge (as some ISP's do) but PN only charge a Local Call rate which, in my opinion, is a big plus (pun intended Wink )
N/A

Telephone Support Wait

What I am saying is I think that 30 minutes is acceptable.

Just because the post was after yours don't assume that it was aimed at you, it was my opinion on the subject of wait times.
Community Veteran

Telephone Support Wait

Fair enough, my apologies.
N/A

Telephone Support Wait

Apology accepted - Cheesy