cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk

N/A

Talktalk

Hi everyone, I just had a look at the new deal offered by talktalk. I have been with F9 since dial-up and will stay with them for now until talktalk deals with what I am sure will be masses of demand from the launch but unless F9 can offer a decent rival offer I think I will be taking my MAC code and leaving. I used to feel I was 'getting more' in terms of the service and package from F9 but that no longer feels so and at least I can expect the terms&conditions not to change so often. What do other people think?

L
9 REPLIES
N/A

Talktalk

Have been watching talktalk since I heard about it almost a month ago, I am on £21.99 with f9 and my telephone and line are with taltalk. So for less than I currently pay with f9 I can have nearly all my telephone calls for free, seriously thinking about it unless f9 can produce better results.
jabns2
Grafter

Talk Talk

With the broadband you get from talktalk i bet there will be a high contention ratio and there will not be a portal like the one provided by force9. You will have to check the small print to find out these details and also make sure that you know what the portal is like. Thats if you can. One of the reasons i bought from force9 was because they are open about there features. For example they let you test there portal. And they are open about when a service fails, where as most ISP's just say "Oh its a problem at your end" and then charge for them to come and fix it. I have been disappointed thoe by the support center as I have posted a ticket at 12:00 today and still not had a response. so yes i do feel that some of there survices are dropping in the quallity ranks.

James Barlow
N/A

Talktalk

i don't believe that they close tickets as quickly as they say. After around a day of not getting a ticket seen to, I called up to get my answer. Funnily enough while I was just about to get my answer someone responded to the online message.

I do like the portal and think it's great but I have figured I could save £300 overall by combining line rental, calls and internet, including buying some cheap webspace for the matching the extras I get now.

adslguide.org.uk has some nasty reviews on talktalk pre-LLU so I will be watching keenly to see how the service performs. Some people talk of issues with P2P, which I don't use much but F9 seem to be doing things now with that in their SUP so i guess everyone will be doing it. £300 just seems a lot to save and I think the changing competitive market ISPs will have to find a way to compete for people like my business. I have been loyal since dial-up but don't know how much longer I can remain so!
N/A

Talktalk

Remember folks

This talk talk deal may sound good by check the small print first.

I know the talk talk phone part is a 12-month contract and the broadband part is an 18-month contract

If the service is rubbish - don’t ask we how you cancel a "Free" contract - must be a early release fee or something like that

On the bright side – it’s a 40gb limit per month – subject to a fair use policy :lol:
N/A

Talktalk

some people have been getting out of it by maxing out the connection on P2P then getting asked to leave, if they have been unhappy hahah! :twisted:

I see F9 is getting some bad spin on adslguide.org.uk at the moment... :S
N/A

Talktalk

some people have been getting out of it by maxing out the connection on P2P then getting asked to leave, if they have been unhappy hahah! :twisted:

Is this happening on talk talk - never hearld about that - if it is - then your right - haha! Evil
N/A

Talktalk

dont touch talktalk with a barge pole, i used them for a year and the only real route of communication is the telephone which is convenient for them as you never have any written proof of any conversation, after migrating in november i received 3 bills from them claiming i still used the service even though i had moved to f9 i never once during this period got any documentation to say i had cancelled the service with talktalk it took an email to charles Dunstone to sort it all out, i wouldn't recommend them to anyone
N/A

Talktalk

Forget voip unless you want an extra line free.

Join 1899.com uses your normal BT line (enter 1899 then dial your number) it loads cheaper then any VOIP calls.

Free calls to the UK just pay 3p to connect, europe usa etc is dirt cheap and thier customer service is spot on.

I reduced my BT bill from £70 to £9.00

Regards

Puddy
orrery
Grafter

Talktalk

Join 1899.com uses your normal BT line (enter 1899 then dial your number) it loads cheaper then any VOIP calls.

I agree with Puddy on this. If you can't be bothered to dial the prefix, or - more to the point - your family don't bother, then buy an Orchid dialler to route the calls automatically:

http://www.orchid-electronics.com/Diallers/lcr.htm

regards, Ian