cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOTAL RIP OFF

N/A

TOTAL RIP OFF

Hi ...a total rip off or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent this to support and this is what i got...pay 14.99 to move from a package that now longer exists...its not even an upgrade (already at 2mb), all its is a change of name...and me having to pay less

i have been with force9 since 2003 on Broadband Easy Start paying £24.99 a month -missus 50p referral.

Can you please advise what i need to do as the Broadband Premier account is only £21:99 so i effect i am paying £3 more for a similar service.

You can do this via the Change Package option on the portal. You should be aware that a downgrade like this would cost a one-off fee of £14.99.

David
22 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

TOTAL RIP OFF

Hi,

The reason for the charge is because that particular account change is considered a downgrade and downgrades attract a downgrade fee of £14.99.

Unless there is a speed change, upgrades are free because the business decision is that we subsidise upgrades, but charge for a downgrade.

With EasyStart the modem and activation were free, saving about £100 over ADSL Home at the time up front. It would take about 3 years before the extra £3 per month for EasyStart was more than the saving.
N/A

Upgrades & Regrades & Fees Ivan

Hello David,

First of all I can understand you feeling upset and or angry because you perceive that as your NOT changing the speed of the actual service i.e. 2MB to 2MB then it seems unfair but what you've fallen foul of is that your changing from an Easystart account type which comes with hardware & activation included to the Force9 Premier account type (so its the change of account type that seems to trip things up here).

**To be fair if you had read the products specifications & FAQ's it does actually outline which upgrades are free from fees and which downgrades and regrades incurr a fee and what that fee is.

**Look I moved from old 512K ADSL home account & speed (upgraded) to F9 Premier 2MB service and I paid £14.99 for this and its been the best £14.99 I've spent in ages honest!!

Ivan
N/A

TOTAL RIP OFF

Hello David,
I can also empathize with your situation....
Like you I did one of F9's upgrade/downgrade/crossgrade/ingrade whatever's and promptly fell foul of their inoccuous pricing structure. Not only that but to cancel I of course would have had to pay for the cancellation period. The trouble with F9 is that the fine print is well...very fine, there's lots of it (despite the recent "lets make it simple" and when I tried to work out what they were saying, their links to their "terms of contract" took you in a very uncommoduious circle!
What can I say to easy your pain? nothing much! I'm pretty fed up with F9's draconian wording and policies. I don't mind a bear that bites as long as I know it's a bear that bites..so to speak.
I wanted now to find out why my service with F9 is suffering from sloooowness and BT green screens saying the service is down or something...trouble is, darling old F9 has slapped a tarrif on asking questions.
Don't phone them by the way, they all sound so reasonable but firm...good training that.
No, I can only suggest that you take a very large asprin and swallow hard...remember F9 is only in the game to make the gain... and F9 you!
Regards,
Nick
N/A

TOTAL RIP OFF

do they still do free migration

if so why not move to another isp to see what they like, and then move back

all accounts are now on a 1 month basis, so you could change provider every month if you wished

regards
mike
N/A

TOTAL RIP OFF

But F9 hold the migration fee against you for 12 months. Although you can migrate in for free, you are still liable for te £14.99 fee if you leave within 12 months, hence the reason I am still here, even after all my bitching!!

When I migrated away from F9 last year because of the "downgrade fee" and the Easystart debacle, the ISP I migrated to didn't charge me when I came back to F9 after 4 or 5 months. Once again, it would seem that F9 are the market leaders (when it comes to finding trumped up charges they can use against their customer base).

Regards

Mark
N/A

TOTAL RIP OFF

it seems if you move from another isp into f9 your tied to a 12 month contract - just been reading the FAQ's on migration, yet i understood the packages were sold on a month by month basis and you weren't tied down to a 12 month contract

regards
mike
N/A

TOTAL RIP OFF

It is a monthly contract in so much as you can leave after 1 month without paying the 11 months subscription you would on a annual contract. Not that most people would worry about the £14.99 charge, but it is the principle of the thing. (I seem to recall using this excuse before).

Whether they will want my continued custom when they finally bring in the disconnections and I refer the matter to the regulator remains to be seen. They may offer me a free opt out as they did to the two +Net individuals who were thrown off a couple of months ago for "asking too many questions" in an unsupported forum!!!

Regards

Mark
N/A

Questions What Questions? Ivan

Hi,

Thats a new one I've NOT come across that one before? F9 DONT charge any fees for asking any questions I dont know where you got that one from but its a prize chestnut if you ask me!!

**Do you have the fee structure in writing for asking questions I'd be fascinated to see it? How much would F9 charge me for "Oh! is my IP static or dynamic?" and Oh! bye the way could I afford it or is it going to be another rip off I'd have to suffer!! no dont tell me it would be £14.99 (tongue firmly in cheek) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ivan
N/A

Re: Questions What Questions? Ivan

Thats a new one I've NOT come across that one before? F9 DONT charge any fees for asking any questions I dont know where you got that one from but its a prize chestnut if you ask me!!

Where did you get the bit about charging for questions from Ivan? If you were referring to my previous post, it was to do with two individuals on the +Net forum who were continually asking questions, thus taking up valuable CS agents time replying. Bear in mind though that the forums are not officially supported and that CS only frequent as and when they can.

Mark
N/A

Question Tariff's Ivan

Hi Mark,

Pixelgraphics wrote:
I wanted now to find out why my service with F9 is suffering from sloooowness and BT green screens saying the service is down or something...trouble is, darling old F9 has slapped a tarrif on asking questions.

Ivan
N/A

TOTAL RIP OFF

Must've missed that one as I only jumped in the thread half way down Shockedops:

Cheers

Mark
N/A

Questioning fee Ivan

Hi Mark,

I know companies are keen too retain ownership of interlectual property rites (like Bill and Microsoft etc) but charging someone for just asking a technical question, gosh!! that takes things to a completely new level. If you think about that its quite a scary idea really? its quite surreal with shades of big brother & Orwellian 1984 or the ultimate Tony Blairism control freakery. Definately less and less funny the more I think of that concept.

**Can you imagine this? you have a technical support problem and you phone up the free phone number only to be told that the answer will cost you £5 so pay up first or we wont give you the answer?? Huu!!!! Evil

**when will we see the first question millionaire?? Cry (a sad day indeed that will be!!).

**I know people say time is money but charging someone a fee for answering a question sounds like the ultimate madness, it would be enough to send you crazy IMO.

Ivan
N/A

TOTAL RIP OFF

But it happens all the time in other industries, hence the rise of the premium rate telephone numbers.

I find it hard to believe that F9 have stated anywhere that charges will be applied for answering a quesion, certainly hasn't been added to any of my recent tickets!!

Regards

Mark
N/A

Utterly abortant, Ivan

Hi Mark,

Thats because F9 Plusnet DONT charge for answering questions and the very idea is completely and utterly aborant to me and if they ever do is the day I leave them as an ISP. Enough said I think !!

Ivan