cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T % C with regard to leaving PN

bootletip
Grafter

I have read some considerable number of messages about the question of 't & C in respect of leaving PN' the following is a quote from the telegraph - this link was found in the braidband discussion relating to a possible take over for PN

'Plusnet had more than 198,000 customers at the end of June and sales of £22.5m in the first half of the year. It offers customers broadband access for less than £10 a month and does not require users to sign up for a long-term contract. It regularly tops customer-satisfaction surveys..'

I did have some difficulty recognising PN from the description given
9 REPLIES
thorley37
Grafter

its only 5yrs to get free activation thats not long term, i was naive signing up for free startup
N/A

I feel the same

The fee for leaving could be argued as being unfair and a penalty... irrecoverable in law!

Qoute > these charges appear to represent an unfair term of contract which is contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (SI. 1999/2083). My account falls within the ambit of Regulation 5 of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 as I am a consumer. These charges constitute an unfair penalty under reference to paragraph 1(e) of schedule 2 of the said regulations:

‘Indicative and non-exhaustive list of terms which may be regarded as unfair - 1. Terms which have the object of effect of - (e) requiring any consumer who fails his obligation to pay a disproportionately high sum in compensation’. < End Qoute

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

But it isnt a fee for leaving, it was a JOINING activation fee that you were given the option to pay immediatly or wait and pay it later.

The fact that they chose to reduce the charge the longer you stayed could only of been of benefit to the customer rather than 'locking them into' anything.

It would of been easier just to say "please pay your activation fee NOW" upon signup, but then some people would of paid more than they would of needed to had they deferred it.
thorley37
Grafter

who can i speak too for the amount of money to leave, point me in the right direction please
N/A

I migrated in, so what will I have to cough up?Huh
N/A

i agree, i have never understood how the national press keep coming out with the nonsense that plusnet are a good isp. who responds to these customer satisfaction surveys?

they are blatantly using some of the 22.5 million to pay off journalists, there can be no other explanation.

the mind boggles. being a plusnet customer is like living through a kafka novel
bootletip
Grafter

T & C with respect to joining and leaving PN

I migrated to PN from Freeserve when I moved to this house in dec 03.

However given some of the recent ongoing problems - I am thinking of moving to another ISP. Just how difficult am I going to find this and also how expensive?

Freeserve was Free to join and did not charge me anything for leaving them.
hitachi
Grafter

Any one who migrated in will have to pay 14.99 if they leave within 1 year
N/A

Any one who migrated in will have to pay 14.99 if they leave within 1 year

Thats ok then, Ive been here more than a year....