cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Broken, Lazy Staff?

N/A

Ok this is annoying me, I attempted to reactivate my account using a credit card which clearly states will result in reactivation instantly this was 1 hour 38 minutes ago so clearly extremely instant :@

As if I was not angry enough at this the support staff are too lazy to answer the phone dispite the fact this issue needs to be resolved instantly as was already promised by the site, so are they going to reactivate the service or do I have to cancel or what?
11 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Hi there,

Do you really think our support staff are too lazy to answer the phone? That is a very cynical view and hardly one that would normally work in your favour if you are looking for speedy resolution.

As you undoubtedly know the support centre is very busy at the moment and the agents are working very hard to try and clear backlogs.

I have responded to your ticket nevertheless. Your account was reactivated and you appear to be online so please provide us with more info if you are still having problems.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

mttjocy

In my job I used to come face to face with people who had attitudes like yours and think they can slag off members of staff because they pay for a service.

My solution was always "you either treat them with the respect that you would expect or leave the premises as we do not need customers like you".

Most of the time employees are doing the best they can, even under difficult circumstances and when disrespectful people like you start shouting the odds with little or no knowledge of why or how you will find that you get even poorer service because you do not deserve any respect yourself.

Rant over.
N/A

There use to be a good old saying 'the customer is always right'. Many years ago the majority of companies that use to work to this maxim. Nowadays if a customers do voice his dissatisfaction then either a confrontation arise or no customer support is offered. I am suprise that BobPullen being an employee of PN responed with this
Do you really think our support staff are too lazy to answer the phone? That is a very cynical view and hardly one that would normally work in your favour if you are looking for speedy resolution.

as it's only adding fuel to the situation. The response should have been more apologetic and explain why the problem is taking time. This could defuse the situation and maybe shame the user in accusing the CS staff being of being lazy.
N/A

I agree there did used to be an old saying "the customer is always right".

But TBH the saying used to be extended to "the customer is always right even if they are stark raving mad".

And, if the customer starts off shouting the odds, I agree the manager should try to diffuse the situation but straight away that customer is not going to get the service they require or expect.

Unfortunately you cannot please everybody all of the time.

Cheers and thanks for replying
rammie1976
Grafter

"Unfortunately you cannot please everybody all of the time."

Indeed, and I also have worked in a pc support call centre and there more time was put into pleasing the management and ensuring your call stats were looking good than actually ensuring the customers problem was solved!

The more I hear of +nets attitude to CS the less impressed I become.

"And, if the customer starts off shouting the odds, I agree the manager should try to diffuse the situation but straight away that customer is not going to get the service they require or expect. "

Why not?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

I am suprise that BobPullen being an employee of PN responed with this

as it's only adding fuel to the situation. The response should have been more apologetic and explain why the problem is taking time. This could defuse the situation and maybe shame the user in accusing the CS staff being of being lazy.

Hi,

Point taken, however please remember this forum is not an official medium for having account specific enquiries dealt with. I certainly didn't answer the support ticket in quite this fashion Wink

Many of the employees who post here do so in their spare time and are not paid to do so (myself included). My point being that unfounded accusations of a very hard working support team being lazy are unlikely to help a customer's cause in such a situation.

The reason I didn't place alot of emphasis on the time taken to answer the OP's query is partly due to the fact it had only been open a few hours.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Sorry forgot that the forums are not offical support, and yes you should be able to voice your opinions when not wearing the PN hat.
N/A

Hey customer support people... please can someone fix my account.. its not working and no one is being any help.. i have tickets open, I am really frustrated!

2 weeks with no connection now, no where near an explanation or conclusion to the problem

I have no idea what is going on - or if anyone is doing anything...
Laugh
Grafter

Sorry forgot that the forums are not offical support, and yes you should be able to voice your opinions when not wearing the PN hat.

I agree BUT the postings are right next to a great big PlusNet Logo and PlusNet Staff is clearly written under their name.

I value the input from the PN Guys, but they must also understand that their customers are very quickly becoming extremely peeved at the level of service being offered by the company. That doesn't mean that the individual's are at fault, but they are the company's firewall against the customer rants!
N/A

All valid points.

Unfortunately, it's the messenger who usually gets shot.
It is all too easy to vent our frustrations out on people just trying to please the customers as well as the "Managers".

D
N/A

Do you really think our support staff are too lazy to answer the phone?

Yes, and he's not the only one.

In my job I used to come face to face with people who had attitudes like yours and think they can slag off members of staff because they pay for a service.

My solution was always "you either treat them with the respect that you would expect or leave the premises as we do not need customers like you".

We can't leave the premises, we're bound by contract, if you lock them in the shop and still give them crap service then they will get upset..