cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing problems

N/A

Syncing problems

I had intermittent problems getting my modem to sync last night, between around 5 -7pm it would constantly be training, connecting, dropping out, training and so on, then I had a few hours when it connected again, then it did the same around 11-11:30pm.

I've got home today around 5pm and my line isn't syncing again, I know it's been working throughout the day because it's downloaded 3.2GB while i've been at work.

I'm just posting to find if anyone has had any similar sync problems over the last 2 days, i'm not going to submit a ticket yet because i'll get the usual copy and paste reply that assumes we're all retarded.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Syncing problems

I've been unable to sync since lunchtime and for the last week have been getting dropped for a minute or two roughly every hour.

I was surprised to get back on and see nothing on the Service Status screen so I don't know what could be causing it and whether it's worth raising a ticket over.
N/A

Syncing problems

Yes - I currently have poor line quality and synching problems. But then my line is marginal, 3km from the exchange and I have attenuation of 55/63dB.

Last year dear old BT tried to upgrade me to 2Mb but this of course was futile. 3 months later I was back to 1Meg and all was OK - until today that is!! Over the last hour the attenuation has improved (dropped 1db) and the connection is more stable. I still only get 600kbps however.

I'm only hoping BT are playing with the lines and things will improve through the evening...

Kipper