cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing at 3.7MB, stable rate at 2.5MB, DL at 1.5MB

N/A

Hi,

My router seems to sync mostly at about 3.7MB, but my stable rate fluctates from 1MB to 2.5MB.

At teh moment i'm synced at 3.7 with a stable rate of 2.5, but a download rate of only 1.5 on the various speedtesters.

My router line stats are:

Mode: G.DMT
Channel: Interleave
Trellis: ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
....................... Down ....... Up
SNR (dB): 14.6......... 22.0
Attn(dB): 45.0...........25.0
Pwr(dBm): 19.3 ...........11.9
Max(Kbps): 4096......... 1132
Rate (Kbps): 3776 .......... 448

Is this down to the BT problem that removed the bulk regrade tool, or do you think I have other problems?

I've tried to run the BT speed tester, but when I change my router login to the BT dets I can't access the IP addresses given (even thou I am connected to the net). I've followed all instructions, but I just can't get to teh BT tester.

Based on my line stats pre MAXADSL, it suggested I should get around 4.6MB as my stable connection.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Snap;
    Sync @ 3500+
    Stable rate is 3M
    Speed test max 2M.

I have raised a ticket [19508418] which has now been escalated, so fingers crossed.

Can I suggest that to open a help ticket? But you may have to be patient I have already had one closed on this subject without resolution.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Plus.Net’s solution to my problem appears to be to drop my stable rate to 1500Kbps.
Yet my router is still syncing @ +3600Kbps

Not quite what I had in mind.

Chilly
N/A

I daren't raise a ticket for my stable rate never changing.
I raised one about my spped dropping in the evening, because somrbody at CS said that the line shouldn't be dropped when it can't lower the SNR any longer to keep the speed up.
So, the ticket was closed without resolution, but my SNR seems to have been increased by 3dB. I'm now almost as slow in the mornings as the evenings. More stable maybe, but a couple of dissconnections at night wasn't that much of a nuisance, and they haven't stopped completely.