cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync reduced.

N/A

Sync reduced.

I was wondering. Why has my sync dropped from 8128 to about 5000-6000 all of a sudden. It has been happening for a week now. Has interlacing been turned on. If it has I want it turned off please.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Sync reduced.

Interlacing won't cause your speed to drop.

If your line was still under testing then sudden drops like this can be expected as the line stabilises.

Otherwise any changes in the condition of the wiring or hardware between you and your exchange can cause this drop in speed, Do you have any crackling on the voice side of your line?
N/A

Sync reduced.

Mine too, has dropped over 1000kbps, and my speeds have been consistantly poor, around half what they used to be c week or two ago, peaking at about 2.5mbps, rather than the 6mbps I usually get...
fatdeeman
Grafter

Sync reduced.

You lucky bugger, I was happy to be getting 2500kbs syc and 1500 connection but woke up this morning to find my router going nuts and not staying connected. when it is connected i get a 1760 sync but no connectivity at all pretty much. I was able to do one speed test and got a blistering 200kbs.

It just makes no sense, here I was thinking I had survived a house move and still had a working connection.