cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Suddenly Dropped on the 11 day.

N/A

Well about a week ago on my 11 day of max my synce dropped from 8128 all the way down to 5344. It has been like that since then. I will not go above 5500. This sucks.

Current Line stats are:

SNR is 14
and lineAttn is 20.5
Sync at the moment is 5472Kb/448Kb.

Oh and the speed I am getting right now.

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1148725321&v=83845

Really Impressive :/.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Any comment, any one.
craign
Grafter

Check all the normal stuff -
Internal factors
Wiring, filters, changes to phone connections in your house, noisy (electrical) appliances, changes to your router, pc config,
External factors
Weather, neighbour's noisy (electrical) appliances, BT work on adjacent lines, fault on exchange equipment

As your router is reporting this lower sync speed the next two links are superfluous but may help diagnosis

What does a BT Speedtest report
what is PN's value for your Stable rate
N/A

My Stable rate says 7000.
Community Veteran

I had a similar problem for a few days, do try a BT speed test and/or unplug your router for 20/30 mins and try again.

My stable rate had gone back up to 2500 after dropping to 1500 a few days ago, I seemed to be stuck at 1500 on the PN speed test. Doing the above, has put me back at 2500 download speeds.

SW,
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
craign
Grafter

Sync rate seems to be the original problem. Sync at 5472 and PN stable of 7000 implies a delta has not been sent to PN with the reduced speed setting.

My PN stable of 2500 (was 2000) only took effect after resetting my DSL line. I assume that any changes to the PN stable rate will only be seen by the user after they reconnect to PN... I'm guessing this is a profile load on connection and is not a dynamic change to an existing connection.
Community Veteran

Could be ... maybe they need to hire more rocket scientists to add lines of code to the scripts handling delta reports like

if (newStableRate != oldStableRate)
UpdateUsersProfile();

:lol:

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
shellsong
Grafter

With a SNR of 14dB at the present sync rate there should be no reason why the sync rate was ever dropped from the 8128 maximum-- you appear to have a line suitable for anything MaxDSL can throw at it at present! :?
N/A

I remvoed the ring wire and the SNR has risen to 15.5 and still the same sync. Any answer from Plus.Net?