cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching ISP before next billing.

N/A

I am switching to TalkTalk. I expect to switch before my next billing date. I have made 12 monthly payments and paid the FULL deferred activation costs. Will I owe Plusnet any more money if I switch before my next billing date or can I cancel my direct debit without fear of reprisal?
2 REPLIES
N/A

You have to give 30 days notice, so if that includes a billing date, you ought to make that payment (and you can then reclaim any unused days, via a ticket).

When I switched in early 2005, I requested a MAC a day or three before billing date, so I could use PN for the bulk (~20) days of the paid for period, and migrate before the next billing would have been due. I would perhaps have been able to claim back a small portion of the month's fee, but didn't bother.
N/A

I asked for a MAC code on 10th July.
My next billing date is 9th Aug.
This should cover the 30 days notice, although with the strange logic Plusnet apply to cancellation matters I wouldn't be so sure.
Anyways if I get switched before the billing date I will most certainly cancel the direct debit cos Plusnet aint getting another penny from me.