cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched off my "Max"??

N/A

Switched off my "Max"??

I got caught up in the PN problem with BBYW customers not having their monthly usage allowance reset at the end of their billing period and having their speed restricted to 128 Kbps.

Mand Beckett fixed it for me but I see that I am now only getting 0.5 Mbps which is what I used to get before I was switched onto "Max" several months ago.

Would someone please check to see whether I have been "de-Maxed" accidentally in all this speed restricting / derestricting action? If so can I please be "re-Maxed"? Before the month-end fiasco I was getting about 1.3 to 1.4 Mbps

Also can someone explain to me why PN's own speed test gives such ridiculously high and unattainable results? Accordong to the test I get 40,222 Kbps. Isn't that 40 Meg or is my maths wrong? The result then states that this means 4.91 MB.

Help - advice - clarification please?

Regards
GCJ
4 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

Switched off my "Max"??

Try rebooting for me and hopefully you will see an increase.

It looks like the account change caused a couple of issues with your profile which should now be fixed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Switched off my "Max"??

Chris,
That profile corruption may be wider than just an isolated incident. One of my referrals was also dropped back to 500kbps - a quick ticket fixed it.
chrisc
Grafter

Switched off my "Max"??

@holtlane

Thanks for that. I'll keep my eye out and open a problem accordingly if required.
N/A

Switched off my "Max"??

Chris

Thanks for prompt reply BUT...

No change.

Re booted and re-did PN speed test = 29.59 Mbps or 3.7 Mbps depending which line of the results you look at (I wish).

Re-did Speedtest.Net test and still showed 512kbps

Tried the BT Speed Test (oh how I hate that one!!!):
Configured D/L speed = 1000k
Actual IP throughput = 0kbps
Not conclusive - try test 2
Which gave an internal server error which I have reported to BT as requested.

Can you please therefore double check that my Max is on and advise what speed I can reasonably expect in the real world?

Regards
GCJ